Our client, Hatch Ltd, is a global multidisciplinary management, engineering, and development consultancy. Their global network of 9,000 professionals combines vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects. Hatch’s experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investment market sectors. On behalf of Hatch, Venor is actively seeking an Junior Buildings Mechanical Designer to join their Halifax, NS office.
What you’ll be doing:
The candidate will be responsible to demonstrate drive, motivation, and enthusiasm as a Mechanical Designer to successfully design unique building systems projects. Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Lead, you will perform analysis, design and model mechanical systems and elements for various construction projects, and assist in managing projects.
• Prepare and draft CAD drawings using AutoCAD and Revit
• Organize and maintain a design and CAD digital file database for each project
• Prepare permits and detailed design of conceptual plans provided by the Engineer
• Review and apply knowledge of relevant building codes and standards
• Revise and update existing drawings and Revit models reflecting design changes to ensure consistent documentation of the project
• Review existing drawings, plans, specifications, and other customer documentation as requested by the project engineer or project manager
• Adhere to company and client CAD modeling standards for all production drawings
• Maintain notes, design calculations and other documentation for future reference
Who You Are:
As the ideal candidate you have a diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology (Building Services) combined with 1 – 4 years’ of experience as a designer in the fields of HVAC, controls, plumbing, fire protection and experience with the design of mechanical building systems and drawing preparation for commercial, multi-residential, industrial, and institutional facilities. You have excellent knowledge of Revit and/or AutoCAD and MS Office Suite. You have working knowledge of applicable building codes, and relevant NFPA, ASHRAE and CSA standards.
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).