Our client, Hatch Ltd, is a global multidisciplinary management, engineering, and development consultancy. Their global network of 9,000 professionals combines vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects. Hatch’s experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investment market sectors.
On behalf of Hatch, we are searching for a Junior Civil Designer to join their Dynamic Earth Solutions group in their Halifax, NS office.
As a Civil Designer, you will be responsible to produce 3D models and 2D drawings in accordance with project requirements, while working in a team environment.
- Perform 3D modeling using CAD software for; surface creation, building site grading, Roads, and retaining structures such as dykes and earth-fill dams.
- Complete quantity takeoff from developed Civil models.
- In conjunction with engineers and Lead designers Produce 2D Civil drawings, such as Road plans and profiles, grading plans and sections, etc.
- Participate in project teams in the overall project framework.
- Production of As-Built drawings.
- Participation in formal engineering review processes.
- Assist with detailed site surveys where required.
As the successful candidate, you have a diploma in civil technology with up to 5 years of professional experience working in a similar industry/role. This will include the ability to design in a 3D environment with the use of AutoCAD and/or MicroStation. You have a can-do attitude and enjoy working in a team environment. Your communication and organization skills are strong, and you can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic organization that allows opportunities for learning and growth contact Tommy Grant via email@example.com.