Our client, Hatch Ltd, is a global multidisciplinary management, engineering, and development consultancy. Their global network of 9,000 professionals combines vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects. Hatch’s experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investment market sectors. On behalf of Hatch, Venor is actively seeking a Junior Electrical Designer to join their Halifax, NS office.
What you’ll be doing:
As the Junior Electrical Designer, you will be part of a multidisciplinary team contributing to stimulating projects while demonstrating drive, motivation, and enthusiasm.
- Coordinate work with the senior electrical staff, including taking responsibility for timely completion of deliverables and ensure their quality is checked to meet project standards
- Perform floor plans and site layouts for electrical systems using AutoCAD and Revit
- Produce designs and drawings for electrical, lighting, communication, fire alarm, and security systems
- Create wiring schematic diagrams, interconnection diagrams, cable schedules, single line diagrams, general arrangement drawings, grounding, power distribution, schedules for lighting, conduits and mechanical equipment
- Execute designs following the electrical design criteria for the project and the defined design standards, codes, and regulations
- Coordinate with designers and engineers from other disciplines about electrical interfaces
Who You Are:
As the ideal candidate, you have 1- 2 years’ of experience in electrical design, 2D/3D CAD design, AutoCAD and/or Revit and demonstrated experience performing lighting calculations. You possess knowledge of all types of high, medium and low voltage electrical equipment, fire alarms, security cameras, access control, intrusion alarms, and an understanding of industry/regulatory codes and standards (CSA, NFPA, NEMA, IEEE).
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).