Our client, Hatch Ltd, is a global multidisciplinary management, engineering and development consultancy. Their global network of 9,000 professionals combines vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects. Hatch’s experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors. On behalf of Hatch, Venor is seeking a Junior Structural Designer to join their Halifax, NS office.
What You’ll be Doing:
As the Junior Structural Designer, you will work with the lead designer to produce structural 3D models and 2D drawings for a range of exciting projects. You will have the opportunity to receive mentorship from the senior team to enhance your skills and grow into an independent designer!
- You will create 3D structural modelling of industrial buildings and other structures in steel and concrete including building superstructure, foundations, and interior equipment layouts
- You will perform conceptual layout work and produce 2D drawing extractions from 3D CAD software
- You will coordinate with designers and engineers of other disciplines to produce detailed engineering drawings and documentation for project concepts
- You will actively participate in formal engineering review processes and perform clash detection of models with other discipline models
- You will verify onsite conditions and perform detailed site surveys where required
What We’re Looking For:
As the ideal candidate, you have a diploma in technology, design and construction or related combined with academic or hands on structural design experience. You have demonstrated experience designing in a 3D environment and are familiar with Revit, AutoCAD, and/or MicroStation.
As the successful candidate, you have an understanding of other discipline requirements to effectively collaborate and communicate with all project teams. You have excellent organizational skills to manage working on multiple projects simultaneously and completing individual tasks to meet project goals. You love working in a team environment and have strong safety awareness.
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
If this sounds like the perfect fit for you then apply today or reach out to Andrea Murray via email@example.com to learn more about this exciting opportunity.