Venor is proud to partner with OverlayAnalytics in their search for a Lead Software Engineer. Recognized as one of the most promising data and analytics startups in the world, OverlayAnalytics is now expanding into Nova Scotia. Winners of the 2021 Global Snowflake Startup Challenge, OverlayAnalytics provides a strategic analytics platform that gives their clients a format-agnostic, streaming data pipeline that drives real-time data processing, transformation, analytics, and actionable business intelligence. On their behalf, we’re looking for a Lead Full Stack Engineer to architect robust reusable systems that are not only performant and scalable but thoughtfully crafted.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work at all levels of the stack – infrastructure (AWS, ECS), database (MySQL, Snowflake), services (Node), and frontend (React, Redux)
- Mentor a growing team of talented engineers who care about building exceptional products as much as you do
- Lead code reviews and automated testing
- Become a domain expert in financial reporting
- Partner with product, design, and ops to build a simple and scalable product
- Guide the team to make practical and intelligent decisions
What’s in it for you:
- Leading Salary & Compensation
- Child Care & Parental Leave
- Home Office Stipend
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
- Flexible, Work-from-Home Policy
- Annual Wellness Allowance
- Continuing Education Stipend
- Annual Snow Day (employee appreciation celebration)
What we’re looking for:
- 6+ years of full-stack experience, including building and maintaining full-stack web or mobile applications throughout their entire lifecycle.
- Experience working with state management libraries such as Redux.
- Experience building RESTful and GraphQL API Services.
- Experience integrating 3rd Party APIs and authentication services.
- Experience with containerization and microservices architectures.
- Work on financial application
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in areas such as data structures, database table design, algorithm design, runtime complexity, system architecture (scalable, reliable, redundant design), API design, security and privacy best practices, at-scale monitoring, logging & alerting, and testing best practices.
- Demonstrated success in owning projects end-to-end, including working with technical and non-technical stakeholders and making decisions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to collaborate and empathize with a variety of individuals. Experience iterating with users and non-technical stakeholders with a strong understanding of how technical decisions impact them.
Bonus points for:
- Experience building data visualizations in modern web applications, using libraries such as amCharts, d3.js.
- Strong knowledge of AWS including managed AWS services
- Experience with build tools like Jenkins, Terraform, and Cloud Formation.
- Experience at an early-stage startup
- Experience scaling applications from tens of users to tens of thousands of users.
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.
Interested candidates are asked to please forward along their resume to Steph MacIntosh via email@example.com or Nick Misener via firstname.lastname@example.org.