Confederation M&A is a full-service mergers and acquisition advisory firm that partners, advises, and executes complex M&A transactions for various business owners across Eastern Canada. With a focus on servicing low-to-mid-market businesses in industries such as manufacturing, services, technology, agriculture, and healthcare, they’ve established themselves as leaders in M&A activity in the region. Working confidentially and in unison with accounting, valuation, and tax specialists they find the best possible solutions to help entrepreneurs achieve their buying and selling needs.
Reporting to the Partners, and acting as a key member of the business, the M&A Advisor will work alongside the team throughout the entire sales process. Activities will include job tasks such as; building and fostering relationships with current and prospective business owners, attending networking events to build the client base, presenting key financial information, leading and supporting the deal process, and providing creative solutions to facilitate, embrace, and engaging clients as they make key decisions.
The M&A advisor will utilize business valuation experience, analytical mindset, and financial acumen, congruently with the highly experienced team at Confederation M&A to drive business and offer exceptional service to Eastern Canadian businesses who are seeking support with M&A business activity.
- Analyzing a business’s performance and financial position.
- Creating key documents such as Confidential Information Memorandums (CIMs) and due diligence materials.
- Performing in-depth financial analysis and economic research of a company’s financial positions across a variety of industries in Atlantic Canada including valuation metrics, and pricing analysis.
- Report writing and editing, including the preparation of tables and graphs.
- Business/relationship development and acting as an advocate for Confederation M&A.
- Participating in relevant networking events/conferences/meetings as a representative of the company.
- Fostering and maintaining effective working relationships with key stakeholders on assigned engagements to ensure that they receive optimal value from the work delivered.
- Reaching out to, meeting with, and networking with potential leads to promote the company’s services with the intent of generating new business for the firm.
- Active use and upkeep of key systems and process tools used in the day-to-day operations, including but not limited to sales pipeline, contact management system, and project management systems.
- Participating in weekly team meetings and team strategic planning sessions.
As the ideal candidate, you hold a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or accounting, with a minimum of 3 years of experience in financial advisory conducting M&A transactions, investment banking, private equity, or mergers and acquisitions-related roles, or equivalent experience and education. A keen interest and experience in valuation concepts and techniques, proficiency in financial statement analysis, and experience in document writing are essential. A foundation of knowledge surrounding complex deal structures, proficiency in risk management, due diligence, and valuation techniques is preferred. A CPA, CFA, CBV, MBA, or similar designation is considered an asset.
The successful candidate will be an adept problem solver, demonstrate strong business and financial acumen, have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and have the tenacity to drive results. The ability to handle multiple engagements simultaneously while staying updated on industry trends and organizational developments is imperative. High emotional intelligence, professionalism, and the ability to operate in highly confidential environments while building lasting professional connections are crucial. The ideal candidate exhibits resourcefulness, resilience, and a strong commitment to client service excellence. Flexibility, independence, and a proactive approach to leading and closing deals are vital attributes.
Confederation M&A offers a competitive total compensation package, and an excellent and flexible work environment, with advancement opportunities based on the career aspirations of the individual.
Interested candidates are asked to please forward their resumes to James Willies at James@venor.ca for review and potential confidential conversation.
Alternatively, if applying directly via this posting and you wish to attach a cover letter, please ensure to attach with your resume in one document when submitting your application.
The successful candidate can be located anywhere within the Maritime provinces.