Venor is proud to partner with our client, Cape Bald Packers, in their search for a Maintenance Supervisor based in Cap-Pelé, New Brunswick. Cape Bald Packers is a primary processor of Atlantic lobster, snow crab and PEI Mussels.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering & Maintenance, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the overall planning, coordinating, and organizing of all maintenance operations in order to achieve the company’s objectives in the areas of health and safety, customer satisfaction and quality.
- Oversee all preventative maintenance planning.
- Organize & lead various operations and management meetings.
- Proactively lead the hiring needs for the maintenance team with the support of the Director of Engineering & Maintenance and the Human Resources team.
- Coordinate the integration and training of employees.
- Responsible for all daily activities related to maintenance operations.
- Plan & schedule all equipment projects with production.
- Involved in capital project development and planning.
- Research and recommend production line innovations.
- Contribute to BRC documentation and processes within the Maintenance department.
- Demonstrate commitment to safe working practices by promoting health and safety in the workplace in accordance with procedures and policies in place.
- Lead the planning of interventions between the maintenance and production teams.
- With support from the Director of Engineering & Maintenance, ensure a property preventative maintenance program is in place and followed.
- Participate in all internal and external audits of the plant.
- On-call rotation as a member of the Maintenance team.
As the successful candidate you have 7 years of maintenance experience and strong knowledge of safe working practices and quality. The maintenance supervisor will be required to perform work in a physically demanding environment that requires climbing ladder and working in cold or wet conditions.
As the ideal candidate you possess experience and understanding of refrigeration systems as well as mechanical production line equipment and are results oriented. You have the ability to create accountability and to lead by example. Represent the Maintenance team on the HAACP Committee and demonstrated experience building, motivating and leading successful teams.
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
For more insight, please contact Alex Armsworthy via firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this exciting opportunity.