Northpoint Properties is a second-generation, family-owned, and operated business. With over 50 years’ experience in the real estate business, they offer some of the most competitive locations, service, and pricing Halifax has to offer. Their commitment to tenant satisfaction ensures they give a simple and pleasant experience to their valued tenants. They aim to combine convenience, quality and price and remain a preferred choice for apartments on the Halifax peninsula.
We are proud to be partnering with Northpoint Properties to recruit a Maintenance Team Member for their residential property portfolio in Halifax.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Team Member will be responsible for performing general day to day maintenance and repairs to ensure all properties are well-maintained, safe and compliant with any relevant regulations. Northpoint Properties pride themselves on delivering an exceptional tenant experience, therefore the role of the Maintenance Team Member is a critical part of the team. Key responsibilities include:
Repairs and Maintenance
- Perform general maintenance and repair tasks such as painting, minor drywall repairs, basic electrical and plumbing tasks and general carpentry.
- Ensure all repairs are completed to a high standard and meet safety requirements
- Independently create and implement a maintenance schedule to ensure timely completion of tasks
- Prioritize and assign work orders based on urgency and importance
- Coordinate schedule with property management team
- Respond to maintenance requests from office staff and the Maintenance Manager in a timely and professional manner
- Ensure timely communication is given to the office staff regarding maintenance schedules and provide updates on progress
- Ability to lift heavy items and perform physically demanding tasks
- Comfortable working outdoors and in various weather conditions
- This position requires use of your own vehicle to access multiple locations, therefore access to a reliable vehicle is required
The successful candidate must demonstrate a positive attitude, have excellent problem solving skills and work well in both an independent and team environment.
Both Northpoint Properties and Venor are committed to an inclusive hiring process that actively recognizes diversity and embraces a wide range of perspectives. Northpoint Properties is committed to building a workplace culture of equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging. Applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities are encouraged. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know.
To apply for this opportunity please send your resume to Natalie Isaacs via Natalie@venor.ca