Venor is proud to partner with Alcool NB Liquor in their search for a Manager, Infrastructure & Cybersecurity. Servicing all areas of New Brunswick, Alcool NB Liquor (New Brunswick Liquor Corporation) is a Provincial Crown Corporation that is responsible for the purchase, importation, distribution, and retail activity for all beverage alcohol within the Province. With over 120 corporate, agency and outlet stores province-wide, they strive to provide their customers with the B.E.S.T (Better. Every. Single. Time.) retail customer experience.
About the Opportunity
Working out of the Fredericton office, the Manager, Infrastructure & Cybersecurity will oversee the reliability and performance of all cloud and on-prem services for ANBL and Cannabis NB. Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, they will manage a team responsible for all infrastructure, cybersecurity, and system support for the head office and 60+ retail locations around the province. This senior-level role brings a strong background in a broad range of tools and technologies, including local networks, wireless infrastructure, servers, virtualization, Office365, VOIP Phone system, software, hardware, and POS technologies.
Periodic travel within the province may be required.
Regular Responsibilities Include:
- Leading and delegating responsibilities to the Infrastructure & Cybersecurity team
- Maintaining and further developing infrastructure standards, operational procedures, and asset management programs and roadmaps related to IT infrastructure and an evolving Cyber Security program
- Proposing and executing annual IT capital and operating budgets
- Collaborating with IT stakeholders and the Infrastructure and Cybersecurity team to ensure the security of corporate systems and data
- Developing and executing strategies to improve system reliability, security, SLAs, business continuity, and disaster recover readiness
- Analyzing current technology environment to identify critical deficiencies and legacy/technical debt, making recommendations, and implementing solutions for continuous improvement
- Working with all departments to monitor the effectiveness of all IT hardware, software, and services
Additional Technical Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting team with troubleshooting complex technical support requests when necessary
- Leading and supporting cross-functional projects and implementations as required
- Providing technical direction, coaching, and development to team members
- Maintaining technical skills and staying current on emerging technologies and trends
- Ensuring the organization is prepared for changes in major software, hardware, and IT services
You have the reputation for “getting things done”, with a focus on addressing quality, efficiency, and cost. You are adept at translating business needs into technical requirements and solving business problems with sound technical solutions. As a leader, you are a role model who manages, motivates, and coaches your team to achieve their goals, while promoting their contributions as technical professionals across the organization. You can easily work across multiple departments to drive results, as you delegate responsibility, set goals, and establish accountability.
Apart from this, you also have:
- 3-5+ years’ experience leading teams with diverse skillsets
- Exceptional leadership skills to develop and communicate an Infrastructure and Cybersecurity vision that motivates your team and aligns with the IT and business strategy
- Expertise in setting and managing customer expectations, defining and measuring SLA’s/KPIs, and measuring IT effectiveness
- A broad understanding of ITIL (Service Level Management, Customer Focus, etc.)
- Strong time management, change management, and budget management experience
The following are considered nice-to-haves:
- Experience with retail environment technologies and standards, including PCI/DSS
- Microsoft certifications, including Microsoft Certified in Azure, servers, and cloud services
- ITIL Certification
Technical in Scope
- Microsoft technologies, including a Hybrid Active Directory, InTune, Office 365, SCCM, SharePoint, Azure
- Cisco LAN Switching, VMWare, WAN/LAN, Storage area networks, cloud and virtualization technologies, server and application security principles, user end points, VoIP phone systems, POS systems, and peripherals
- McAffee EPO
- Business application systems, including e-Commerce, warehouse management software, POS, data warehousing, EDI
What’s in it for you?
Being part of the ANBL team means being part of an organization that values its employees. In addition to offering a market competitive salary, ANBL ensures that their employees can enjoy Work-Life Balance, Professional & Personal Growth, and Service Opportunities.
Work-Life Balance: ANBL offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and a generous pension plan. Employees also have access to a Health Spending Account or Wellness Subsidy, and opportunities to utilize flexible and hybrid work-from-home arrangements.
Professional Personal Growth: ANBL offers many types of internal and external continuous learning and training activities.
Service: ANBL values contribution to our province, offering a paid volunteer day each year, and many opportunities to contribute to communities throughout the year.
At Venor and Alcool NB Liquor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
Interested candidates can reach out to Nick Misener via email@example.com or Anna Bryant via firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.