Venor is proud to partner with Stewart McKelvey on their search for a Manager, IT Security! Stewart McKelvey has over 33 years of leadership as Atlantic Canada’s first and largest regional law firm. With a distinguished heritage reaching back to Canada’s confederation, the firm has established an international reputation for generating results. With almost 600 employees across 6 offices, they have grown to become one of the 20 largest law firms in Canada.
As Manager, IT Security, you will be focused on the firm’s overall security posture and will make risk-based decisions in security as it relates to the firm’s people, processes, and technology.
What You’ll Be Doing
Reporting to the Director, IT, the Manager, IT Security will be part of a collaborative team that fosters a learning and knowledge-sharing environment, pursues best practices, and continuously evolves the firm’s technology solutions and approach to security.
The successful candidate will be driven and inspired by a culture of continuous improvement and will lead a team of IT security and network professionals with strategic and practical experience in the areas of security, data governance, and network infrastructure. As Manager, IT Security, you will be focused on the firm’s overall security posture and will make risk-based decisions in security as it relates to the firm’s people, processes, and technology.
As Manager, IT Security you will be responsible for identifying and reporting on the current and future security risk landscape, overseeing network infrastructure projects, managing security awareness programs, providing guidance and recommendations pertaining to new security solutions, and being tasked with the development and maintenance of security policies, procedures, and roadmaps. You will also provide leadership in the area of data governance including data classification, retention, compliance, and protection.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing security audits, penetration tests, client attestations, as well as managing vendor risk, outsourced security operations, incident response, and various other duties and projects as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent training and experience)
- IT experience with escalating roles including server, network and cyber security
- Proven success managing teams and various IT-related projects
- CISSP or CISM designation considered an asset
What’s In It For You
- Flexible work arrangements, including work from home options
- A generous vacation allowance, as well as two “flex days” per year
- Group Retirement Plan with employer contribution matching
- Top rate flexible health and dental plan
- An annual wellness allowance, for a broad range of eligible expenses, such as fitness memberships and fees, fitness equipment, general health & wellness support, personal development courses, and home office expenses
- A “Dress for your Day” policy
- Assistance for continuing education
- Social events and staff retreats
- A positive and fun work environment where we value inclusion and mutual respect
At Venor and Stewart McKelvey, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).