Venor is proud to partner with our client, Champlain Seafood, who are seeking a Manager of Logistics to join their leadership team in Dieppe, New Brunswick. Champlain Seafood focuses on Atlantic lobster and snow crab sourced from the Canadian Maritimes and American Northeast. The Manager of Logistics will be responsible for leading all logistics and distribution activities for the organization across multiple facilities and jurisdictions across Canada and the US.
- Negotiate contracts with various third-party transportation and logistics providers
- Manage and monitor the overall health of the logistics network in a time sensitive environment.
- Manage external providers to ensure contracts and SLAs are continually met/exceeded. Ensure billing and invoice payment is accurate and timely.
- Manage inventory at all distribution facilities across the company network, including company owned warehouses and third-party cold storage facilities.
- Work in coordination with the operational leads and business analysts to identify and implement operational improvement initiatives that provide better service and/or financial & productivity results.
- Develop, monitor and analyze regional logistics networks leveraging key performance indicators.
- Develop and review key performance indicators, incidents, audits, inspection and improvement opportunities resulting in effective implementation of corrective actions.
- Manage Logistics team through effective communication, establish focus and maintain a consistent and fair approach.
- Develop employees through objective setting, continual feedback and coaching.
- Develop and manage employee schedules and internal vehicle fleet to adhere to routing plans.
As the ideal candidate, you are a progressive leader with 5+ years of experience working in a fast-paced logistics/distribution environment with significant time spent in fresh/frozen food logistics. You demonstrate a proven track record of strong and effective management of 3PL, warehouse and transportation partners with existing relationships. You are someone who has excellent communication and negotiation skills (both verbal and written), paired with strong analytical skills and proficiency in the use of Excel, MS Office, WMS, ERP, TMS and BI database tools.
As the successful candidate, you have a well-honed logistics background and a relevant post-secondary education along with evidence of continued learning. You are someone who is eager to jump into a leadership role and drive successful company results.
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.
For more information on this role, please reach out to Erika Hildebrand via firstname.lastname@example.org or Alex Armsworthy via email@example.com