Venor is proud to partner with Graphite Innovation and Technologies (GIT) on their search for a Manager of Sales, North America. GIT is a fast-growing Canadian materials engineering firm disrupting the global marine coatings market with the most sustainable and high-performing coating technologies that help shipowners to reduce fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions across their fleets. GIT is an innovation driven and customer-focused organization that is working closely with the world’s leading shipping companies to find solutions to challenges related to existing hull and propeller coatings. At its core, GIT is a diverse team of high-performing scientists, maritime professionals and other experts who value equity and inclusion.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Reporting to the Head of Global Business Development, the Manager of Sales will lead the GIT team in pursuit of product sales to commercial and recreational marine markets in North America. The Manager of Sales will be responsible for designing plans to meet targets, developing relationships with leads and customers, and evaluating pricing for products.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive sales strategy to promote and sell our range of coatings and surface protection solutions to clients within the marine industry
- Identify and target potential customers, including shipyards, vessel owners, operators, and maintenance companies, to establish new business relationships and expand the company’s customer base
- Maintain existing client relationships by providing exceptional customer service, addressing inquiries, resolving issues, and offering technical support
- Collaborate with other global sales teams in Europe/APAC and marketing team to develop effective promotional materials, presentations, and product literature for sales pitches
- Conduct product demonstrations and technical presentations to clients, showcasing the features, benefits, and application techniques of our coatings
- Prepare and present sales proposals, negotiate pricing, and close deals to achieve or exceed sales targets
- Forecast sales volumes, track progress, and provide regular reports to the management team, highlighting key performance metrics and potential growth opportunities
- Collaborate with internal teams, including global sales, R&D and technical support, to ensure customers’ needs are met and provide feedback on product performance and improvements
- Attend industry conferences, trade shows, and networking events to expand professional network and represent the company
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Chemistry, or a related field. A Master’s degree is an asset
- Proven track record of at least 5 years in sales within the marine industry, preferably selling coatings or related products
- Deep understanding of marine coatings, corrosion protection, and surface treatment technologies is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to engage effectively with clients at various levels of the organization
- Excellent negotiation, presentation, and closing skills
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and capable of working independently, as well as, part of a team
- Willingness to travel frequently to meet clients, attend events, and collaborate with colleagues across regions
As the ideal candidate, you will possess a strong background in sales, an understanding of coatings and surface protection solutions, and a proven track record of driving revenue growth within the marine sector would be the best fit!
We embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
If you are interested in working with innovative leaders who are passionate about making a difference in the environment, reach out to Andrea Murray via firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.