On behalf of Nova Scotia Power, Venor is seeking a Manager of Solution Development to join their Solution Development Team. As a subsidiary of Emera Inc, Nova Scotia Power provides 95% of the generation, transmission, and distribution of electrical power to approximately 540,000 residential, commercial, and industrial customers. They are focused on new technologies to enhance customer service and reliability, reduce emissions, and add renewable energy. In a culture focused on safety, they’re committed to providing safe, reliable electricity so that our customers and communities can thrive. Nova Scotia Power’s greatest source of energy is its people.
We are currently looking for a Manager of Solution Development to join in a permanent position. The successful candidate will lead and provide direction to a team of Solution Developers across the business, managing the solution development team at Nova Scotia Power. You will ensure that the team adheres to industry best practices and standards, including supporting and improving solution development standards, tools, methods, processes, and metrics. All elements of the System / Solution Development Lifecycle are an area of responsibility for both projects.
What you’ll be doing:
- Overseeing the design, development, and maintenance of software applications and systems
- Developing and implementing software development strategies and processes
- Ensuring software development adheres to industry best practices and standards
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams such as project management, to ensure that products are meeting customer requirements
- Monitoring and improving software development performance and productivity
- Working closely with the architect in the development and approval of the total solution to meet business requirements
- Developing, communicating, monitoring, and controlling compliance with related standards and governance for projects/programs
- Communicating effectively the requirements of stakeholders associated with IT deliverables
- Staying up to date with industry trends and advancements in software development
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent education
- 10+ years’ experience in leading software development teams through IT-intensive projects or programs
- Proven knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle Processes.
- A proven ability to establish and maintain working relationships with peers, clients, and a broad range of stakeholders and clients in complex situations is a must
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Demonstrated ability to lead the successful delivery of complex technical solutions in a multi-vendor, multi-stakeholder project in addition to having a demonstrated ability to make business decisions on technical issues is mandatory
- Experience delivering in an Agile environment is required
- Experience facilitating technical discussions and communicating technical terms to non-technical stakeholders is considered an asset
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) is considered an asset
What’s in it for you?
Flexibility: Hybrid work model with flexible remote workdays.
Health & Wellbeing: Access to a free on-site fitness centre, Employee and Family Assistance Program, parental leave top-up plan, and wellness benefits.
Grow Your Career: Opportunities to advance within and between our affiliate companies, a focus on employee development, and available sponsored education programs.
Community Engagement & Care: Corporate investments in the places where our people live and work, mentoring opportunities, fundraising-matching & volunteer programs, and scholarships for children of employees.
Competitive Compensation: A comprehensive benefits plan, short-term incentive plans, and employer-matching RRSP contributions.
Venor and Nova Scotia Power believe that every unique perspective should be valued and that everyone should have a sense of safety and belonging—at work, and in our communities. Leveraging the thoughts of a diverse workforce helps us to be innovative and provide the best service to our customers. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including persons who identify as racially visible, Indigenous, persons with disabilities, women in underrepresented roles, and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. Nova Scotia Power and Venor support candidates and employees with access and accommodation needs.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, contact Nick Misener at email@example.com.