Venor is proud to partner with our client, Nova Scotia Power, in their search for a Manager, Wind. At Nova Scotia Power, their people are their greatest source of energy. They have a passion for energy—producing and delivering it safely to customers across Nova Scotia, every day. Nova Scotia Power is getting ready to lead the largest transformation in the history of their company to reach 80% renewable electricity sales by 2030. This means they will need to take a system that took five decades to build and transform that system and how they deliver energy over the coming decade.
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Initiatives, the Manager, Wind will lead the project management of large wind deployments. You will be responsible for projects across the lifecycle including design, procurement, build and commissioning and close out. This position will be responsible for liaison with external Stakeholders and Partners, Operations, and Engineering resources. You will provide leadership and be responsible for scheduling, execution of contracts, site management, forecasting and cost controls, project documentation management, procurement processes, environmental and safety management, project reporting, project commissioning, and close out.
- Lead project teams with both dedicated resources and contributing members from across the organization.
- Work closely with members of the capital projects group, as well as other technical and operating groups, to ensure the project is successfully implemented.
- Provide overall administration and coordination of potential project team members’ activities, including prioritizing work assignments, team development, coaching and performance evaluation.
- Responsible for your personal safety and that of co-workers, by observing and ensuring compliance with all Occupational Health and Safety Rules and Regulations.
- Accountable for environmental performance as it relates to the environmental management system processes and initiatives.
As the successful candidate you have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant field (or equivalent experience), paired with 10+ years of project development and construction related experience. You are someone who prides themselves on their strong communication, analytics, and project management skills. You can collaborate with others and have excellent stakeholder management experience. You are someone who takes a proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
The ideal candidate shall have a Project Management Professional designation (PMP) and have extensive experience in renewable generation. You must also possess a valid driver’s license and be available for after hour emergency service restoration. In accordance with Emera’s occupational health and safety program and the Emera Vaccine Program, subject to any approved accommodation, all new employees hired or existing employees (applying for new positions), will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For clarity, “fully vaccinated” means having the number of doses or combination of doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada or local public health agencies in the jurisdiction in which they will be employed.
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.
Interested candidates are asked to please forward their resume to Erika Hildebrand via email at firstname.lastname@example.org