Venor is proud to partner with our client on their search for a Manufacturing Director to join their team! Our client is defining and delivering proven engineered solutions to help performance-driven companies in the marine, defense, oil & gas, and renewable industries to design and develop their next-generation equipment.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Reporting to the General Manager, the Manufacturing Director will oversee the operations of a mid-size local technology manufacturing company and be responsible for developing and executing strategies that provide best-of-class operational performance for our customers.
- Ensure that the organization is positioned to perform at a high level and respond to the demands of its operating environment and market challenges with creativity and innovation.
- Provide ongoing analysis of the operating environment and developing the organization’s strategy, both long term business strategies and short-term operating plans, and driving alignment of key internal and external resources to meet operating demands.
- Oversee the enrichment, management, and sustainability of strategic relationships, including relationships with employees, suppliers, customers and other key stakeholders.
- Streamline and maximize quality throughput and advance emerging lean capabilities across the organization.
- Identify strategic opportunities (both internally and externally) that will ensure the organization meets its operational targets.
- Establish and utilize appropriate and effective KPI’s aligned to operational objectives, and other applicable systems to improve operational efficiency and performance in all key operational structure areas: manufacturing, supply chain, quality, lean, and safety.
What We’re Looking For:
As the ideal candidate, you are an experienced strategic and operational leader with a passion for excellence, a strategic mindset, and a record for maximizing operational effectiveness. You have a proven track record of delivering results by identifying and focusing on key issues and infusing creative problem solving within a team to overcome challenges. Additionally, you are experienced in coaching, facilitating, team building, and act as a champion for an inclusive workplace culture with a team-oriented environment, where goals are achieved through collaboration.
As the successful candidate, you hold 10 years of demonstrated operational leadership combined with experience delivering improvements through lean initiatives and the ability to build relationships to rapidly build trust and influence change. Manufacturing experience is considered an asset.
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).