Venor is proud to partner with our client, a leading electrical engineering firm, that has successfully established themselves in the market for over 25 years. Our client prides themselves on delivering exceptional work to their clients, providing a full range of electrical engineering services with a partnership approach to ensure client satisfaction and full transparency. Their building design projects vary in size and allow the opportunity to work with residential, industrial, and commercial owners, project managers and developers. On behalf of our client, we are recruiting a Mechanical Engineer (Building Design) to join their growing team.
Reporting to the ownership team, the Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for leading the mechanical design division and all aspects of the projects from concept through to completion. This opportunity will allow you to contribute to the design and construction community, while being a part of the movement to green building design.
- Spearhead the design, project estimates, and specifications including heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, and fire protection systems optimizing for efficiency, sustainability, and cost-effectiveness.
- Provide design reviews and develop quality control processes for all project deliverables to ensure the reliability and functionality of mechanical components.
- Coordinate with contractors to ensure projects are completed on project schedule, budgets are met, and the interpretation of project documents and codes and specifications are met.
- Organizing and keeping accurate & complete records for projects, while coordinating with drafting personnel to prepare final design documents.
- Attending design coordination meetings and performing site reviews and associated reports prior to, during and after the completion of a construction project (close out) and coordination.
- Act as a subject matter expert in mechanical engineering, providing technical input, reviewing and approving Mechanical contractor specifications submittals for project equipment and ensure compliance with industry codes and standards (ie:, ASHRAE, National Fire Protection Association, National Energy Code & National Building Code of Canada).
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in mechanical engineering technology and apply best practices to enhance project outcomes.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Mechanical Engineer registered with the Province of Nova Scotia as a Professional Engineer (P.eng)
- At least 5 – 10 years of building design experience
- Excellent understanding of building mechanical systems, design codes, and standards
- Strong knowledge in building plumbing, heating, drainage, ventilating, fire protection, and air conditioning design
- High proficiency using AutoCAD, MS Suite Products or other CAD software’s
- Ability to create and manage design budgets, client deliverables, and project schedules
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills – both within internal teams, and with clients
If you thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment and want to be a part of a collaborative team this is a great opportunity for you. You get to work with a dynamic team on innovative projects in an open and respectful environment!
We embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).