Our client, Hatch Ltd, is a global multidisciplinary management, engineering, and development consultancy. Their global network of 9,000 professionals combines vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects. Hatch’s experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investment market sectors. On behalf of Hatch, Venor is actively seeking an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer to join their New Brunswick Offices in Saint John or Fredericton.
What you’ll be doing:
Hatch is growing throughout the country, and are expanding their presence in New Brunswick in order to better serve their local clients and respond to increased demand from national and international clients. The Mechanical Engineer will play a key role in the growth of Hatch’s New Brunswick offices and shall assist with delivering a variety of diverse and challenging projects. Although tasks may vary from project to project, the primary role of the intermediate mechanical engineer shall be the management and design of large industrial projects. Hatch manages the entire lifecycle of our client’s projects, from conceptual design to construction and operation of assets, while achieving efficiencies.
- Work on complex and challenging projects locally as well as with national and international Hatch teams
- Coordination with engineers and technicians among other disciplines
- Prepare and/or review project standard specifications and design criteria
- Prepare engineering calculations
- Provide input to 3D models and 2D drawings
- Review and evaluate technical work prepared by other engineers, designers, technicians, and technologists
- Supervising and supporting Engineers-in-Training
- Conduct interface management between related systems
- Prepare and contribute to technical memos and reports
- Stamp documents and drawings
- Provide input to operating and capital cost estimates
Qualifications and Experience
As the ideal candidate, you have 5+ years of experience working in mechanical design and management of mechanical systems with good standing with the APEGNB. As the ideal candidate, you are comfortable working autonomously and are able to complete tasks with minimal supervision. You have experience working in the engineering consultant industry and are able to work with multidisciplinary teams and coordinate activities with such teams. You are an organized individual with excellent time management skills with a P.Eng designation, speaking French is not a requirement.
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
Interested candidates are asked to please forward their resumes to Tommy Grant via email@example.com