Venor is pleased to partner with UNI in their search for a .NET Developer. UNI is a financial cooperative that focuses on the sustainable prosperity of UNI and its members. For the last 86 years, UNI contributed to the economic stability of the communities in which it operates. Through its cooperative mission, it encourages and promotes citizen participation in a changing world. UNI is also proudly recognized as having one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures of 2022 and as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers for 2023.
What you’ll be doing
Is identifying user needs and designing efficient and agile IT systems your cup of tea? Are you confident in your ability to find clever solutions to complex problems? Do you have a strong analytical streak and a knack for shaping ideas? This may be the opportunity for you!
The .NET Developer plays a key role in designing, implementing, and delivering high-performance IT solutions to support the IT Development and Integration Director in efficiently managing information technology activities, all while enabling UNI to meet its business objectives. The successful candidate will be an important resource for internal users and clients, seeking out best practices and identifying and analyzing their IT and technology needs.
Other responsibilities include:
- Design and deliver IT programs and solutions in accordance with UNI and industry standards, norms, and procedures
- Continuously improve information security programs and mitigate financial and operational risks
- Create, implement, and document solutions for IT failures and deficiencies
- Advise and participate in work groups with an eye to improvement, innovation and user education
- Work hand in hand with colleagues, managers, and people from other UNI business lines to provide agile, proactive, and innovative service
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate is someone who is driven and customer-focused. We’re looking for someone who embraces differences, learns on their feet, takes responsibility, and empowers others. The successful candidate should be a fresh thinker who is tech-savvy and detail-oriented.
Other technical requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience with object-oriented programming, preferably in ASP.Net C# application development
- Relevant experience in the structured development, implementation, and support of computer systems
- Proficiency in MS SQL Server databases
- Knowledge of electronic document management platforms (an asset)
At Venor and UNI, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
Interested candidates can reach out to Steph MacIntosh via firstname.lastname@example.org or Nick Misener at email@example.com for more information.