We are proud to partner with O’Regan’s Automotive in their search for a Network Administrator. Named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and the Consumer Choice Award winner for New Car Dealer and Pre-Owned Dealer for Halifax for ten years in a row, O’Regan’s is navigating an exciting period of growth and evolution. Now with over 700+ employees with 22 brand partnerships, O’Regan’s is recruiting for an intermediate Network Administrator who will play a vital role in supporting the O’Regan’s Automotive Group’s end users, and network/security infrastructure in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment.
O’Regan’s believes it is their employees who drive their success. They prioritize growth and development through extensive training programs and continuous learning. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your IT career, check this out!
Reporting to the Director of IT, the Network Administrator plays a vital role in supporting O’Regan’s Automotive’s end users, project teams, internal customers, and IT Infrastructure. As part of a team, you will proactively monitor server, network and security logs, taking action and/or making recommendations where appropriate. This position is primarily responsible for all IT services with a focus on networking, systems, and security.
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of extensive network infrastructure, ensuring reliability, availability, and performance.
- Implement and maintain network protocols, configurations, and policies to optimize connectivity across the dealership.
- Monitor network and security infrastructure logs and alerts and act when necessary
- Participate in Disaster Recovery planning, implementation, and testing
- Respond to all inbound client communications including alerts, tickets, emails, phone calls and in-person communication, adhering to internal service level agreements
- Participate in lifecycle management and project work related to network infrastructure upgrades
- Provide guidance, assistance and training for customers and internal staff in technical and application areas
- Research, recommend and implement new technologies that align with corporate strategic goals and objectives
- Provide input & direction into the strategic direction of the organization
- Maintain systems and network documentation
- Computer industry diploma or certificate
- 5+ years experience as a Network Administrator/Analyst, or equivalent combo of education/experience
- Strong understanding of network protocols, security principles, and best practices.
- Proficiency in network monitoring tools and incident response procedures
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Relevant certifications such as CCNA, CompTIA Security+, etc. considered an asset
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with an aptitude for securing relevant information and making timely and effective decisions
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle
What’s in it for you:
Cutting-Edge Tech – in the midst of a digital transformation, O’Regan’s is committed to building a robust and resilient network and security infrastructure with best-in-class cloud technology.
Innovation – the automotive industry going through a transformation not seen in ages. From autonomous driving to EVs, the way we travel from place to place is fundamentally changing.
People – one of Canada’s most progressive automotive service organizations, O’Regan’s is one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies with an employee-centric culture.
The compensation package includes a comprehensive benefits plan that includes a health spending account, company RSP matching program, Employee Assistance Program, staff purchase program, as well as opportunities for growth and advancement.
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).