Venor is excited to be partnering with ClearDynamic in its search for an Operations Coordinator. ClearDynamic is proudly developing a breakthrough material with a primary application that offers safe, drug-free relief from joint pain, with the potential to offer a long-lasting treatment that can be efficiently administered in an approved clinic setting.
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Operations Coordinator engages with all areas of the company, and you’ll proactively facilitate operations and communication flow to help support the development of the medical device. Working alongside a diverse group of world-class experts, you’ll be joining a team that is committed to excellence and helping others. No two days are alike, and you’ll have an opportunity to define how your new position evolves as you support our team. On-the-job technical training is offered to help build on your existing experience. If you are passionate about science and innovation with a keen interest in startups, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing:
Coordination of Global Team
- Coordinate and set up meetings (in person and online)
- Pro-actively facilitate connection and communication between team and stakeholders
- Coordinate travel, incl. booking of airfare, hotels, conferences and arranging venues
Quality Management Support
- Learn to use and then help to optimize our Quality Management System (QMS)
- Support and help us maintain industry standards for our documents and records
- Enter data in a timely manner, proactively maintain databases & keep accurate records
- Help source and coordinate training activities
Communication and Document Management
- Coordinate resources and information to help build the ClearDynamic website
- Engage directly with partners, suppliers and vendors; coordinate contacts and follow ups
- Draft, format, and edit clear and professional reports, documents, and presentations.
- Act as main support and administrator of all document and record management
- Support team alignment and efficiency with accurate minute-taking and prompt sharing of any applicable meeting follow-ups
Office and Lab Support
- Provide team and senior management with general administrative support to ensure efficient company operation
- Pro-actively order and maintain inventory of office and lab supplies
- Support the welcome and onboarding of new employees
- Connect with vendors, issue purchase orders, shipping, cross-border challenges, match invoices, and receive couriers
What we are looking for:
- Post-Secondary Degree in Business, Science, related field or equivalent work experience
- One year of work experience in a business support or operational role
- Strong sense of initiative and eagerness to anticipate next steps, desire to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Highly organized and able to work efficiently to meet deadlines
- Prior work experience in a lab or regulated industry experience (life sciences; food; military) is an asset
- This role is Halifax-based and offers remote flexibility
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, contact Steph MacIntosh via firstname.lastname@example.org or Nick Misener via email@example.com.