Venor is proud to partner with Ocean Gear Inc on their search for an Operations Manager to join their team in Lunenburg, NS. Ocean Gear has been a part of the Lunenburg Working Waterfront for the past 25 years specializing in delivering high quality welding and fabrication services to the Marine, Industrial and Commercial sectors across Atlantic Canada. With a commitment to precision, efficiency, and innovation, Ocean Gear is a trusted partner with a talented team comprising old trade tactics and new age advances.
We are seeking a dynamic and hands on Operations Manager to oversee the daily operations of the company as well as play a key role in growing and optimizing the business. As the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient execution of production processes, maintaining high-quality standards, and driving continuous improvement initiatives.
As the ideal candidate, you are passionate about leading a company’s existing and future growth by actively participating and getting your hands dirty when needed. Ultimately, we’re looking for someone who will work closely with the team and be in the game, not managing from the sidelines.
- Oversee day-to-day operations and provide strategic leadership direction to the metal fabrication and machining teams.
- Manage the workflow by planning and monitoring production schedules to meet customer demands and optimize resource utilization.
- Coach and supervise a high-performing cross functional team of foreman and foster a positive work environment that encourages open communication, collaboration, and innovation.
- Implement and enforce quality control measures to ensure all work meets or exceeds both industry and company standards.
- Respond to customer inquiries, prepare quotes, and forecast appropriate work schedules that meet customer timelines and specifications.
- Maintain existing customer relationships and build relationships with new customers.
- Identify growth opportunities that align with the company’s goals and vision and create a plan to achieve growth targets.
- Foster a culture of safety, quality, and efficiency throughout the production process.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities for process optimization and implement efficiency initiatives to enhance productivity.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Proven experience as an Operations Manager or similar leadership role within the industry.
- Knowledge and experience with ship repair and refits as well as commercial welding and fabrication practices.
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Ability to engage and motivate team members.
What’s In It For You?
- Competitive salary
- Company vehicle
- Health care, dental, vision, life insurance
- Paid holiday and Vacation time
We embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
Interested candidates can reach out to Rose MacAuley via email@example.com