Venor is looking for a skilled and ambitious Payroll and Accounting Administrator to join our team! This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a fast growing and progressive organization in a leadership capacity.
Venor is a leading talent firm in Atlantic Canada. We partner with successful companies from across the region, assisting them in their recruitment and HR needs. As a collaborative team, we pride ourselves on developing and maintaining long lasting relationships with our clients and talent alike. We are passionate about our work ensuring quality, integrity and diligence.
As the Accounting and Payroll Administrator, you will lead all accounting and administrative functions of the company. You will have the ability to innovate, influence and improve processes contributing to the overall company success.
Reporting to the President, the Payroll and Accounting Administrator is responsible for all payroll, accounting and reporting functions. As the ideal candidate you are well versed in accounting principles, have a keen attention to detail and are always looking for ways to improve our processes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and process bi weekly payroll as well as update and submit payroll journal entries. Experience with Knit is an asset.
- Input employee information for new hires and terminations
- Prepare and submit ROE’s, T4, and T4As to government bodies
- Review, monitor and remit CRA source deductions
- Manage benefits administration
- Calculate employee premium deductions for group health insurance,long term disability, and other payroll deductions
- Customer Invoicing
- Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Bank deposits
- Prepare and post monthly bank account reconciliations
- Complete month and year end reporting
- Assist with preparation of annual budget
- Reconcile all bank accounts and resolves all issues in processes
- Maintain accurate billing information
- Assist with maintaining accounting office filing and record retention requirements
- Provide input for the development of policies and procedures
As the successful candidate you have graduated with a post-secondary degree/diploma, along with 3-5 years of work experience in a similar role. You also have intermediate to senior working experience in Xero accounting and Google docs. You are solutions based, proactive and demonstrate a can-do attitude. You work well independently, managing multiple projects and deadlines unassisted.
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
To find out more about this great opportunity, please contact Graham at email@example.com.