Venor is proud to partner with our client, Stream Financial, in their search for a Payroll Associate. Stream Financial Services Inc. was created with a fresh mindset, a new take on how business owners can collaborate with their financial partners to obtain their goals.
The advice they give is proactive, the goals they set are a reflection of what you want to see when you take a step back and look at all of the hard work and determination you’ve put into your company. They want to get to know you, your team and your values so they are able to provide quality service that is based in relationship building and trust.
As the Payroll Associate, you are responsible for all payroll aspects as requested by the customer, and are required to perform other duties when necessary.
Payroll Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain employee confidentiality and protect payroll operations by keeping all private information confidential
- Maintain accurate payroll records including any required payroll garnishments and minimum wage increases
- Processing new employees, promotions, and terminations
- Entering employee information and payroll data into system
- Investigating and resolving payroll discrepancies
- Collecting and verifying timesheets
- Develop financial and operational reports when requested by compiling summary data of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages
- Update payroll records by entering changes in exemptions and insurance coverage
- Process year end T4 filings and reconciliations
- Onboarding new customers and implementing new payroll software
- Training customers on payroll software as needed
- Ensure additional filings (not limited to RRSP and RPP remittances) are accurate and completed in a timely fashion
- Maintains safe working conditions by following safety rules and procedures and notify management of problems where necessary.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established corporate policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position and the department.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate.
- Fulfilling ad-hoc queries by Customer, Accounting Supervisors and other Senior Company Management.
- Other duties as required.
- Regular contact with customers, Government agencies and other partner companies.
- Regular contact with the Accounting, Human Resources and Senior Company Management.
As the successful candidate, you are someone with a minimum of 2-3 years of payroll experience, and have also completed a certification in a related field of study or equivalent work experience. You have thorough compliance knowledge, along with exceptional analytical ability. You are able to plan, prioritize and complete multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and can use the utmost discretion in dealing with confidential information, with a high degree of integrity and ethics.
As the ideal candidate, you pride yourself on your excellent written and verbal communication skills, and can successfully work with all employees within and across departments. As the Payroll Associate, you are proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word, with knowledge of QuickBooks and Payworks is considered an asset. To be successful in this role, you are someone that has extremely developed customer service skills and can use them to develop a positive relationship with customers, suppliers, and partners.
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status. Interested candidates are asked to submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.