Venor is proud to partner with our client Pharmasave, in their search for a Pharmacist to join their team in Sydney. The Pharmasave team foster a collaborative, well supported, team environment with excellent future growth opportunities.
The Pharmacist is responsible for fulfilling the responsibilities of a licensed Pharmacist, as defined by federally and provincially legislated regulations and standards of practice.
In accordance with pharmacy legislation and store policies, the Pharmacist is responsible for ensuring a safe and productive work environment that delivers appropriate patient care and customer service. It is the Pharmacist’s responsibility to understand and support the roles of other pharmacy team members. In addition, the Pharmacist will assist the Pharmacy Manager and act on his or her behalf when the Pharmacy Manager is not on duty. In addition to adhering to the policies for prescription dispensing, pharmacy services, patient care and customer service, the Pharmacist must also abide by all other human resource and store policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide and supervise the provision of excellent professional service to all patients/customers to support appropriate and safe patient care.
- Perform, supervise, and review the creation and maintenance of complete patient profiles including, but not limited to, medications, medical conditions, medical history, allergies, and documentation of patient care activities and services.
- Perform, supervise, and review drug preparation and distribution activities. This includes understanding and adhering to the pharmacy’s patient record filing and workflow policies and procedures such as scanning processes, patient counselling areas, designated “in and out” areas, wait time etc.
- Ensure that issues identified with individual prescriptions, patient care and any other services are addressed within appropriate time frames.
- Verify completed prescriptions for accuracy. Ensure personally-filled prescriptions are verified by another pharmacy team member whenever possible.
- Perform, supervise, and review the accurate adjudication and sale of prescription and other purchases using the pharmacy software and point of sales (POS) systems.
- Take all necessary steps to ensure the appropriateness of therapy of all prescriptions.
- Ensure all prescriptions have been verified for appropriateness of therapy before being released to the patient. (This includes prescriptions that have been checked for technical accuracy by a Regulated Pharmacy Technician)
- Provide patient counselling on prescription and non-prescription medications in accordance with the standards of practice and provincial regulatory requirements.
- Complete appropriate documentation for all patient care activities including, but not limited to, prescription processing, patient counselling, and other pharmacy health care services.
- Manage situations involving drug diversion or inappropriate use.
- Understand and adhere to the quality assurance polices/procedures for job performance management, medication error risk management, and the handling of narcotic/controlled substances. This includes, but is not limited to, documenting all medication and patient care incidents using the appropriate protocols (including “near misses”).
- Maintain a safe and productive work environment through compliance with quality control policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will have their bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy and hold a license with the Nova Scotia College of Pharmacists. This opportunity is available to recent graduates as well as those more tenured individuals.
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise)
Whether you are a new graduate or a seasoned Pharmacist looking to make a change, reach out to Natalie for more information via Natalie@venor.ca