Venor is proud to partner with our client Champlain Seafood in their search for a Plant Manager in Richibucto-Village, NB. Specializing in North American seafood live trade, distribution and processing, Champlain Seafood focuses on Atlantic lobster and snow crab sourced from the Canadian Maritimes and American Northeast.
The Plant Manager will be responsible for the safe and efficient operations of the facility, the management, which includes human resources and maintenance, the administration of the production management systems, as well as production scheduling. They will also lead and participate in continuous improvement efforts and cost reduction activities but more importantly will be responsible for creating a high-performance work environment that promotes collaboration, employee engagement, customer satisfaction and goal attainment at all levels.
- Oversee all production planning and results including safety, quality & production goals.
- Develop regular administrative and costing reports.
- Direct all facets of the packaging process.
- Proactively manage employee relations, performance, training & professional development for large and diverse teams including department managers.
- In cooperation with production leaders, regularly identify and address production improvement opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for manager/employee mentoring and implement effective, sustainable strategies.
- Create and manage the annual budget, preparing regular reports.
- Strategize, plan, and implement continuous improvement measures.
As the ideal candidate, you have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Administration, Finance, Operations Management or any other relevant field or related post-secondary education is an asset. Your education is paired with a minimum of seven (7)years of operations leadership experience dealing with complex supply chain management in a fast-paced environment required, seafood or other food production environment experience would be an asset.
As the successful candidate, you possess a strong knowledge of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, and inventory, and can create accountability and to lead by example. You are a natural leader with strong decision-making and people management skills. You can display initiative and demonstrate sound business judgment, while demonstrating experience building, motivating, and leading successful teams.
To learn more about this great opportunity please reach out to Erika Hildebrand via email at email@example.com.