On behalf of our client, F.J. Wadden and Sons Ltd, we are actively seeking a President to join their team in St. John’s, Newfoundland. F.J. Wadden and Sons has been serving Newfoundland since 1907. The company has five operating divisions: confectionery, food service, beverage, sanitation, tobacco, and vending. They specialize in providing high level quality products to a variety of small and large businesses nationally, ranging from convenience stores, drug stores, independent grocery, restaurants, and institutions. Flanagan Foodservice, the largest Canadian owned independent food distributor in Canada, acquired F.J. Wadden in 2020.
What You’ll Be Doing:
As President of F.J. Wadden and Sons Ltd, you will report to the Present & CEO of Flanagan Foodservice and be responsible for the overall operations of both F.J. Wadden and Sons and Avalon Vending Services. You will lead the development, communication, and execution of the strategic plans necessary to ensure the continued success of both organizations. In addition, as President, you will work with the Flanagan senior leadership team to support the alignment of overall organizational strategies and optimization of company resources.
- Lead the overall operation that will include warehouse management, procurement, category management, facility sustainability, financial and administrative management, sales and marketing, human resources and health and safety.
- Maintain the company culture and ensure that core values and company integrity are always upheld.
- Lead the development of long- term and short-term strategies for sustained business growth.
- Lead the planning and execution of strategic initiatives and various projects.
- Establish key performance indicators, operational standards, and process improvement.
- Manage employee engagement, safety, and performance accountability.
- Develop and mentor team leaders to ensure their success.
- Responsible for managing the company’s financial results.
- Create and maintain a superior service culture.
- Maintain regular communication with the President of Flanagan’s, such that they are informed of all relevant information which have a material effect on the business.
What We’re Looking For:
As the successful candidate, you have 7+ years of leadership experience in distribution, finance, operations, or business strategy in a customer centric organization. You are a hands-on, results-oriented, business-minded leader who is a driver of company and team performance. You have a proven track record of leading the financial performance of a business or division. You also have successful experience building business relationships within the Newfoundland business community. Leading and motivating a talented team with entrepreneurial spirit is a must.
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
Please contact Erika Hildebrand via firstname.lastname@example.org or Andrea Murray via email@example.com to learn more about this opportunity.