Our client, M-Files, is the intelligent information management platform that helps companies make smart connections across the business and automate critical processes. The M‑Files platform utilizes artificial intelligence to break down information silos and unify systems, data, and content. Recently recognized by Gartner as a “visionary” among the top global Content Services brands, M-Files is now home to more than 500 employees (M-Filers) who help to serve over 5,000 customers (including NBC Universal, OMV, Rovio, SAS Institute, and ThyssenKrupp) in over 100 countries.
With an internationally distributed team, M-Files has chosen Fredericton, New Brunswick, and Atlantic Canada more broadly to build out a dedicated, global AI Development group. They are now entering into a period of very exciting growth, spurred both by increased consumer demand and an impressive $80 million growth investment. If you want to be a part of a forward-thinking organization that supports and enables its employees while working on cutting-edge AI-powered technology – this could be the opportunity for you!
What you’ll be doing:
As a Product Manager, you are responsible for developing M-Files features, and offerings globally. You work closely and actively with other product managers as well as with other internal stakeholders such as Product Development, Product Marketing, Customer Success, and Sales to develop and deliver world-class solutions to M-Files customers. You also work actively with customers, resellers, and technology partners to solve customer problems and help them to work smarter.
The Product Manager has a major role in planning, developing, and managing product features, release plans, and product launch activities to maximize long-term value for all customers. You’ll also have the chance to:
- Plan, concept, and evolve M-Files features according to the product strategy, customer needs, and data-driven decisions (usage data analytics and A/B testing).
- Provide subject-matter expertise to developers so that they understand the business requirements of the developed features well.
- Work alongside Product Development by participating in Agile practices, including scrum, feature grooming, backlog prioritization, and sprint reviews.
- Periodic involvement in:
- Collateral Development – incorporate product positioning and messaging into case studies, white papers, brochures, our website, social media, product demonstrations, and other sales material in cooperation with Product Marketing.
- Sales Enablement – communicate the value proposition of our solution to our sales teams, customers, and reseller partners.
- Customer Communication – communicate changes to the service to customers and partners and process customer feedback specific to the products that you manage.
- Market and Competitive Intelligence – support marketing and product management to gather information about the competitors.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in software product management, business analysis, or similar position
- Very strong written and oral communication and presentation skills in English
- Good understanding of agile methodologies and good product management practices
- Experience with creating scalable SaaS products, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and/or natural language processing is considered an asset
- Previous ECM experience is an asset, but not required
What’s in it for you:
Innovation: M-Files offer “MyTime” – meaning you can do whatever you want with 20% of your working time, as long as you feel that it benefits the company. From trying out new technology, experimenting with new product concepts, or prototyping new features – you decide what you want to do with your MyTime.
Tech: A cutting-edge cloud tech leveraging AI. You’ll be working with the latest tools and techniques on a daily basis.
Perks: Employee stock options, an at-home office set up for remote employees, health and dental, and ample professional development opportunities.
Flexibility: Work where you are at your best – this is a remote-friendly position, but you’ll get bonus points if you’re located in Fredericton or Atlantic Canada-based.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please reach out!
At both Venor and M-Files, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status. Interested candidates can forward their resumes in confidence to Nick Misener at firstname.lastname@example.org or Steph MacIntosh at email@example.com.