Venor is pleased to partner with the DeltaWare division of MAXIMUS Canada in their search for a Product Owner to join their growing team in Charlottetown, PEI. DeltaWare is a Canadian-based IT company that was recently recognized as a Top Employer in Atlantic Canada.
As a Product Owner, you will lead, plan and manage the product backlog for specific Product modules including documentation, analysis, testing, and feature acceptance. You have a knack for communicating technical jargon to non-technical folks, and you’ll get to lead the analysis of business processes and elicitation of requirements for Medigent products.
What you’ll be doing:
- Based on feedback, suggestions, and direction from product stakeholders (including users/customers, Architecture, Managers and Directors, Project Managers, and those functional and technical resources with experience in Medigent operational support and implementation) research, collect, and prioritize requirements for product work, enhancement requests, and issue resolution
- Support and effectively communicate requested product changes, enhancements, and modifications, verbally and through written documentation, to stakeholders, operation support, and implementation teams so that solutions are well understood
- Create documentation including requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, user guides, process flows, and wireframes
- Identify and respond proactively to both business and project issues and escalate
- Drive process optimization and improvements within the Product team
- Participate in reviews of plans associated with product execution
- Develop, document, and execute test cases
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or a suitable combination of education and previous work experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated programming and/or technical business analysis experience
- Experience using agile methodologies, writing user stories and/or requirements would be an asset
- Ability to effectively conduct technical discussions and ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Excellent written and verbal communications, with the ability to prepare both written reports and deliver verbal presentations
- Strong SQL and query knowledge is an asset
- Knowledge of JSON is an asset
- Proven experience in organizing, planning, and coordinating work, with the ability to
- effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate, coach, and mentor others;
- Experience that demonstrates a good business understanding with an ability to exercise
- independent judgment and take action on it;
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills, with keen attention to detail;
- Sense of urgency with the confidence to handle a variety of challenges; and
- Highly self-motivated and directed with the ability to multi-task.
What’s in it for you:
- Challenging, satisfying working that is helping empower professionals in essential services and leaves you with a sense of accomplishment.
- Extended health and dental benefits, pension, and professional development opportunities.
- Flexible working hours and location.
- Competitive vacation and health & wellness allowance
Venor is a leading talent firm in Atlantic Canada with the most prominent IT recruitment practice in the region. Whether it’s bringing a key leader back to the Maritimes from their experience abroad or helping a local company expand their operations internationally, we find success through the success of our clients and the talent we represent.
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.