Venor is Proud to partner with Clearwater Seafoods in their search for a Production Manager. Founded in 1976 as a small, local lobster retailer in Nova Scotia, Clearwater has grown to become one of North America’s largest vertically integrated seafood companies and is recognized globally for its superior quality, food safety, diversity of species, and reliable worldwide delivery of premium seafood.
As the Production Manager, you will report directly to the Plant Manager. The Production Manager will be responsible for the operational activities of the Highland Fisheries Plant, including the planning and development of systems and procedures to maintain and improve the operating efficiency and quality of the plant. Provide a healthy and safe work environment. Manage and direct staff in accordance with company policies and in adherence to regulatory requirements. You will be responsible for hiring, engaging, and providing direction as well as coaching and training for all employees where necessary.
- Oversee crab/clam operations at Highland Fisheries including grading, storage, and shipment to various customers.
- Assist in the recruitment, retention, and training of production workers.
- Work with the Chief Engineer/Maintenance Manager to maintain all equipment in good working order.
- Collaborate with Supervisors to realize production efficiencies.
- Manage the operation of the facility including staffing, budgets, cost savings, and policy.
- Ensure all process and product quality parameters are in compliance.
- Provide a safe and healthy work environment for all employees and adhere to CSLP safety policy, reporting, and regulatory legislation.
- Foster and lead an open, communicative, and honest team environment.
- Participate in and lead effective and timely department meetings.
- Develop and maintain a close relationship with the species GMs, and BDMs to ensure alignment on forecasting, production requirements, and operational planning are met while producing the best quality standards.
- Continually evaluate operational and personal performance and provide direction as required.
- Other duties as reasonably assigned.
Qualifications and Key Attributes:
As the ideal candidate, you have a university degree or college diploma. You bring experience in food production logistics, preferably within the seafood industry with experience in a leadership role. You are a strong leader with excellent communication and team-building skills. You are organized with the ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to detail. You are adaptable and can make quick rational decisions in a fast-paced environment.
If this sounds like you and are interested in joining an innovative company in the seafood industry reach out to Erika Hildebrand via email@example.com or Tommy Grant via firstname.lastname@example.org