Venor is proud to partner with Peace by Chocolate in their search for a Production Planner to join their dynamic team in Antigonish Nova Scotia. Peace by Chocolate is a growing, community-oriented Chocolatier company with one of Canada’s most inspirational stories. As the Production Planner, you will work closely with the production team to schedule production balancing labor and raw material inputs to ensure efficiency while effectively managing cash flow. You will be a key member of the leadership team collaborating with ownership on the direction and operations of the company. If you have a passion for the food industry operations and strong financial acumen, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Production Planner will be involved in all aspects of scheduling and procurement with a focus on efficiency and cash flow management. The Production Planner will coordinate the production workflow for multiple products while working with the sales team to manage inventory.
- Monitor inventory levels and material procurement to regularly provide production status updates to management
- Analyze historical trends to help plan monthly, quarterly, and annual production
- Coordinate production operations in accordance with material, labor, and equipment availability to meet production demand
- Ensure production deadlines are met by proactively addressing and resolving production issues to minimize any potential delays
- Identify viable solutions to reduce production costs and improve the production process
- Play a key role in the development and implementation of the new OMS Planning Module
- Build and maintain production planning systems with a focus on cash flow management
- Forecast demand for materials and stock products.
- Plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate daily operations.
- Collaborate with production/shipping/receiving departments.
- Investigate production/supply discrepancies.
- Quantity Control (determine substitutes, accelerate, modify schedule, Shifts)
- Stock and Cycle counts – complete period and year-end activities.
What We’re Looking For:
As the ideal candidate, you have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a production planning role in a manufacturing or related industry combined with a bachelor’s degree/diploma in supply chain management (or equivalent related experience). You are experienced in material requirements planning (MRP) and using related ERP systems. Working knowledge of the 5S methodology or a Certified Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) designation are considered assets. Strong financial acumen is required and a cost accounting background or designation is considered an asset.
As the successful candidate, you have exceptional problem-solving and organization skills to ensure successful production outcomes. You have excellent time management and use your continuous improvement and planning and financial mindset to identify opportunities to more effectively and proactively manage production. You have excellent communication skills and use a customer-focused approach to build long-term relationships both internally and externally.
Interested candidates should reach out to Tommy Grant at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Graham Langill at: email@example.com.
We embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, your application is welcome. Diversity is appreciated and there is understanding that we all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. Applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities are encouraged. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know.