Venor is proud to partner with MacGregors Industrial Group on their search for a Production Planner. MacGregors Industrial Group is a rapidly growing company in the industrial space. Serving a growing customer base across Atlantic Canada and beyond, MacGregors operates in five core business units: Industrial Offsite services, Steel Fabrication, Prefabricated Buildings, Custom Machining, and Industrial Supply. MacGregors has more than doubled in size over the last 5 years through strong management, customer centricity, and diversification within our product and client mix. MacGregors has been in business for over 50 years and has three generations of family leadership with an appetite for growth.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Reporting to the Division Manager, the Production Planner will ensure production operations run smoothly. The Production Planner will coordinate the production workflow for multiple products and plan operations to ensure maximum performance with minimal delay. As the Production Planner, you will produce and manage the machine shop production schedule and facilitate the delivery of products to customers on time and within budget.
- Monitor inventory levels and material procurement to regularly provide production status updates to management
- Issue purchase orders to vendors for parts & materials and evaluate them to create suitable production schedules
- Coordinate production operations in accordance with material, labor, and equipment availability to meet production demand
- Work directly with the Production Supervisor to issue work orders and coordinate the production floor activities
- Ensure production deadlines are met by proactively addressing and resolving production issues to minimize any potential delays
- Identify viable solutions to reduce production costs and improve the production process
- Play a key role in the development and implementation of the new OMS Planning Module
What We’re Looking For:
As the ideal candidate, you have 2 years of experience in a production planning role in a manufacturing or related environment combined with a bachelor’s degree/diploma in supply chain management (or equivalent related experience). You are experienced in material requirements planning (MRP) and using related ERP systems. You can read and interpret technical drawings and have an excellent understanding of production planning. Working knowledge of the 5S methodology or a Certified Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) designation are considered assets.
As the successful candidate, you have exceptional problem solving and organization skills to ensure successful production outcomes. You have excellent time management and use your continuous improvement mindset to identify gaps and create new opportunities that will yield successful results. You have excellent communication skills and use a customer focused approach to build long term relationships.
We embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, your application is welcome. Diversity is appreciated and there is understanding that we all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. Applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities are encouraged. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know.
If you are interested in this opportunity please reach out to Andrea Murray via email@example.com to learn more.