On behalf of BlackBay Real Estate Group, we are seeking a dynamic and detail-oriented Project Coordinator to join the BlackBay team in Halifax, NS. As the Project Coordinator, you will play a key role in ensuring the successful execution of our projects and contribute to the efficient operations of our properties. The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational skills, excellent communication abilities, and a passion for real estate development.
- Handle permit applications and ensure timely approvals
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date project documentation, including permit applications and contracts while ensuring timely approvals.
- Source and procure necessary materials for construction projects.
- Conduct regular pricing reviews to secure the best rates for materials and services.
- Monitor project progress, track expenses, and provide regular updates to the project team to ensure they stay on track and within budget.
- Assist Directors and Project Managers with tools, processes, software, and equipment.
- Supervise project sites, liaise with trades, and report progress to maintain project timelines.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the corporate office.
- Provide administrative support to office management as required.
- Offer on-site IT support for office staff as well as oversee ongoing website maintenance and management.
- Review listed tenders, track and prepare bids, and submit them to the appropriate directors.
- Manage vehicle registrations, services, and insurance.
- Facilitate the processing of architectural drawings (pick up and deliver).
- Coordinate and organize and manage special events, meetings, staff functions, and activities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and support the other department leads including landscaping, hospitality, and finance, to ensure project objectives are met.
- Transfer and ensure all utilities and services are connected for new builds and new acquisitions (business, commercial and residential)
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Real Estate, Business, or related field is preferred but not required.
- 1 – 3 years of experience in construction coordination, project management, property management or related roles is considered an asset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational abilities.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively.
We embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, your application is welcome. Diversity is appreciated and there is understanding that we all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. Applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities are encouraged. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know.
Reach out to Rose MacAuley via firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this exciting opportunity.