Our client, Hatch Ltd, is a global multidisciplinary management, engineering, and development consultancy. Their global network of 9,000 professionals combines vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects. Hatch’s experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investment market sectors.
On behalf of Hatch, Venor is actively seeking a Project & Engineering Manager to join their Halifax, NS office.
What You’ll Be Doing:
This is a dual position to act as the Project Manager and the Engineering Manager. The Project Manager aspect is the focus of the position and will represent the larger time commitment of the dual responsibilities. You will be responsible for managing and administering projects from the conceptual stages through to completion, including managing all aspects of complex project delivery, planning, engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, and contract closeout.
The engineering manager responsibilities include managing engineering operations in the office, coordinating multi-disciplinary issues and opportunities, supporting the office’s discipline leads by providing guidance to assemble competent project teams and deploying efficient project environments.
Key Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Responsible & accountable for the successful delivery of project goals to ensure the project is delivered on schedule, budget and meeting the contractual commitments to assure that all work is being performed in accordance with the terms of the contract and client expectations.
- Presenting to clients to review progress and discuss engineering, procurement, and construction changes to the project, while resolving any issues in an appropriate timeline.
- Develop an appropriate organizational structure to ensure that the entire project team has the required tools and resources for the work, while getting the client’s acceptance and sign off on each project.
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of the final project report, and prompt closeout of the prime contract.
- Participate with our client to identify and manage the business, commercial and project risk including a culture of safety and when needed to participate in the investigation of all incidents reported to ensure all follow-up actions, attend safety training, and participate in audits.
Key Operating Center Engineering Management Responsibilities:
- Work with the team to forecast staffing requirements for all disciplines and assist the discipline leads in identifying specialists for the project teams.
- Meet regularly with discipline leads to assist in maintaining team chargeability and helping them balance the complexities of short-term versus long-term goals for staff.
- Provide input and guidance in the succession planning process for the disciplines in the office and provide technical oversight to the deliverables being produced in the office to ensure quality practices are being applied.
- Work with regional management to shape strategic and long-term business objectives for the Operating Center and drive the direction into the development plans of each discipline.
What We’re Looking For:
As the successful candidate, you are a professional engineer (P.eng) combined with 15+ years of experience in design, project management and operations. You have extensive experience of production drawings, document control methodologies, measuring progress assessments and engineering control strategies. You have a broad knowledge of industry & regulatory standards, design criteria in engineering disciplines along with the ability to manage multiple projects.
As the ideal candidate, you inspire others and motivate teams by providing coaching and mentorship to transfer your expertise. You have excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate and provide high touch customer service to grow the business. If you are a natural leader and enjoy working in a team environment, this may be a great opportunity for you.
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).