Venor is proud to partner with ACE Mechanical Limited to assist in their search for a Project Manager. Founded in the late 1970s, ACE Mechanical Limited specializes in installing mechanical systems (including plumbing, heating, ventilation, and controls systems) in multi-unit buildings such as apartments, condominiums, and hotels. Our history showcases substantial involvement in noteworthy construction projects in Halifax, cultivating strong relationships with respected HRM developers. Complementing our services, EFP Engineering Limited, an associated company, provides mechanical and electrical consulting expertise.
The Project Manager will work very closely with the project management and leadership team to streamline project administration, spanning from project initiation through all construction phases to finalization.
- Provide continuous and immediate assistance to management, office staff, supervisors, field personnel, and clients.
- Efficiently collaborate with project partners, external suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Participate in project management activities, including material and labor scheduling, progress monitoring, and process enhancement.
- Assume responsibility for tasks such as reviewing toolbox talks, conducting site inspections, hosting JOHSC meetings, and overseeing COR evaluations.
- Attend and lead meetings, oversee site tool requirements, and actively participate in periodic construction site operations to assist foreperson with diverse responsibilities.
- Contribute to the development of new standards, templates, processes, and protocols.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Completion of a two-year college program in mechanical engineering, drafting, or a Bachelor of Engineering degree.
- Demonstrated project management experience focusing on commercial and residential building design or equivalent related industry experience.
- A strong dedication to supporting clients, management, and site personnel by using strong problem solving and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 software (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is essential.
- Familiarity with Procore, Trimble, SmartUse, and other project software is advantageous.
- Sound grasp of mechanical building systems is a plus.
- Profound troubleshooting abilities with a strong attention to detail.
- Organized and adept at multitasking to manage multiple ongoing projects with effective time management skills.
- Capability to work autonomously on assignments with minimal supervision, while embracing collaboration to overcome obstacles.
- Willingness to offer and receive constructive feedback for enhanced team efficacy and performance.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
What We Provide:
- Competitive compensation package based on experience.
- Generous vacation allowances.
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan featuring employer contributions.
- Diverse team comprising a wealth of experience and expertise.
- Exposure to a variety of captivating projects.
We embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, your application is welcome. Diversity is appreciated and there is understanding that we all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. Applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities are encouraged. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know.