Venor is proud to partner with our client, World Energy GH2 in their search for a Records Manager.
World Energy GH2 is a Newfoundland and Labrador-based renewable energy company that is affiliated with World Energy LLC, one of the world’s leading renewable fuel manufacturers. The organization is focused on harnessing Newfoundland and Labrador’s wind energy to develop the fuel of the future. World Energy GH2’s Project Nujio’qonik aims to be North America’s first commercial green hydrogen/ammonia producer created from 3+ Gigawatts of wind energy in one of the world’s best wind resource regions. As World Energy GH2 focuses on progressing various project development milestones, advancing this new industry in Canada, and contributing to climate change mitigation on a large scale, an outstanding team is required to support and develop this innovative project.
About the opportunity:
The Records Manager, reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations, is responsible for overseeing comprehensive records and information management throughout project and corporate operations. This includes developing and implementing policies, maintaining a centralized repository, collaborating on retention schedules, optimizing record organization, ensuring compliance, providing staff training, managing secure disposal, and participating in audits and inspections.
Reporting to the Director of Finance & Operations, the Records Manager has the following specific roles and responsibilities:
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of records and information management, encompassing both project and corporate operations, from the Ramp Up phase through to ongoing operations.
- Develop and implement comprehensive records management policies, procedures, and best practices to ensure the integrity, accessibility, and compliance of all company-related documents.
- Establish and maintain a centralized records repository, facilitating easy access and retrieval of records for project and corporate teams.
- Collaborate with project departments and corporate functions to establish and enforce record retention schedules and guidelines.
- Lead the organization, indexing, and cataloging of records to optimize efficiency and retrieval accuracy.
- Ensure strict compliance with relevant industry standards, regulatory requirements, and internal policies pertaining to records management.
- Provide training and guidance to company staff on records management policies and procedures.
- Manage secure disposal processes for obsolete records, adhering to established guidelines.
- Collaborate with internal audit and compliance teams to participate in audits and inspections related to records management practices.
Qualifications & Requirements:
The Records Manager position requires the following experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Records Management, Information Science, Business Administration, or a related field. Advanced degree or relevant certification preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of records management experience, with a proven track record of successfully managing records for large-scale projects and organizations.
- Proficiency in records management software and technologies.
- Strong understanding of industry standards and best practices in records management.
- Prior experience in developing and enforcing document retention and destruction schedules.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Ryan Thistle at firstname.lastname@example.org