Venor is proud to partner with Charm Diamond Centres on their search for a Retail Operations Manager. Founded in 1972, Charm Diamond Centres specializes in the retail trade of diamond rings and jewellery. Since the opening of their inaugural store in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Charm Diamond Centres has grown from a single store operation to a successful national jewellery company with more than 800 employees, operating in nine provinces, with 86 locations. To this day, the Charm name shines bright, as Canada’s largest independently owned and family operated jeweler and platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Reporting to the President, the Retail Operations Manager will play a pivotal role with the company’s senior team in supporting strategies, implementing best practices, and maintaining high standards to achieve company goals. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for overseeing and optimizing the operational efficiency and effectiveness of retail stores within the organization. You will regularly visit retail stores across the country in an effort to streamline processes, gain feedback from internal teams, and help them to improve overall operations, ensuring exceptional customer experience across all retail locations.
What You’ll be Doing
- Strategic Support: Review , enhance , and help execute operational strategies both in head office and stores that align with the company’s overall objectives to maximize business processes, sales, and customer satisfaction.
- Operational Efficiency: Implement and improve operational procedures, policies, and systems to enhance productivity, minimize costs, and optimize resources across retail outlets.
- Store Visits: Travel and visit stores regularly across the country, building relationships with staff, listening and bringing forth recommendations to the SSC to ensure high-performing and cohesive operations.
- Store Compliance and Safety: Work with the office construction coordinator to ensure compliance with company policies, industry regulations, and safety standards across all retail locations.
- Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams such as marketing, merchandising, and finance to align retail operations with broader organizational goals and initiatives.
- Continuous Improvement: Proactively identify opportunities for process enhancements, technology adoption, and operational improvements to drive innovation and efficiency.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, and/or Retail Management
- Background and experience in retail operations management, preferably in a leadership role within a similar industry.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities with a focus on data-driven decision-making.
- Proficiency in retail management software and MS Office suite; familiarity with inventory management systems is desirable.
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills; must be able to travel
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize, and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
At Venor and Charm Diamond Centres, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).