Venor is excited to collaborate with Powrmatic in their quest for a dynamic Sales Representative to join the thriving HVAC sales team in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Powrmatic is a leading distributor of residential, commercial, and industrial HVAC, Electrical, and Hearth equipment in Eastern Canada. With a 70-year legacy of setting the industry standard for quality and reliability, Powrmatic takes pride in their dedicated workforce and a network of 6 strategically located branches in Toronto, London, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec, and Halifax serving the heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and hearth markets in the region.
As a subsidiary of Groupe Deschênes Inc., a prominent family-owned business established in 1940 headquartered in Montreal, Powrmatic is backed by the strength and experience of the largest company in this sector in Canada. Groupe Deschênes, with 192 sales locations in Canada and the United States, boasts a team of 2700 qualified staff members and has earned recognition as one of the Best Managed Companies in Canada.
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the HVAC Sales Manager and the Branch Manager, the Sales Representative will play a key role in driving revenue growth for Powrmatic’s Halifax branch by identifying and pursuing new sales opportunities across the Maritimes provinces. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing and maintaining strong relationships with existing customers, as well as developing new business opportunities through effective prospecting and consultative strategies.
- Develop and execute sales strategies to increase market share and penetrate new markets.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships with new and existing clients.
- Identify new potential customers through market research, cold calling, networking, and other lead generation activities.
- Stay informed about industry trends, competitor activities, and market developments.
- Understand customer needs and provide guidance on new and existing products.
- Collaborate with customer and technical services to follow up with customers and maintain customer records.
- Execute promotional programs and achieve goals set by the Sales Manager.
- Provide quotations, literature, and sales support for existing and potential customers.
- Assist the Sales and the Branch Managers with day-to-day HVAC strategies.
What we are looking for:
- Strong knowledge of HVAC products and the industry.
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience.
- Strong customer service skills with a proven track record of establishing and nurturing strong relationships with customers.
- Natural business acumen with a high degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Excellent verbal communication, negotiation skills, and the ability to positively influence others.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to resolve complex problems.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Diploma and/or certification in building mechanics (an asset).
We embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, your application is welcome. Diversity is appreciated and there is understanding that we all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. Applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities are encouraged. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know.
Interested candidates should reach out to Rose MacAuley via email@example.com