Our client, LifeRaft, a Nova Scotia–based security intelligence company, is sustaining its impressive growth this year and looking to add to its team once again. LifeRaft enables enterprises to be alerted of security threats and business risks using online threat intelligence. Following an additional follow-on investment from the Canadian Business Growth Fund (CBGF), LifeRaft continues to add talent across its organization. On their behalf, Venor is recruiting a Senior Account Executive (SAE) to join their team.
The Senior Account Executive (SAE) is an experienced member of the sales team with a proven track record of closing large, sometimes complex deals, and obtaining assigned quotas. SAEs are responsible for the entire spectrum of the sales cycle for enterprise-level accounts. They will also work collaboratively with sales associates to assist them with their opportunities while receiving their assistance on large deals.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build and develop a sales funnel by researching, identifying, approaching, and developing relationships with new prospective enterprise client accounts in agreed-upon sub-categories of the corporate verticals.
- Achieve or exceed net new business quota targets as outlined in your employment agreement.
- Responsible for strategic pipeline growth through virtual and in-person (travel) networking opportunities within industry working groups, conferences, and associations.
- Manage the potential prospects through the purchasing process, including demos, trials, procurement, etc.
- Ensure prospects have all resources/materials needed for purchasing decisions.
- Define trial success criteria and work with Cx teams to ensure success and close business.
- Introduce newly signed clients to the Account Manager with the information necessary to form a successful relationship and account transition.
- Support Sales Associates in lead generation and sales cycle management. Work with them on their smaller opportunities to ensure viability and opportunity size.
- Own 100% of the sales cycle for opportunities within their assigned vertical.
- Maintain internal CRM (currently Salesforce).
- Overall contribution to company/revenue growth and development.
What we are looking for:
- 3-5 years+ in sales with proven skills in closing business
- Demonstrated ability of effective account and customer management (understanding their needs, addressing their challenges, connecting the dots)
- Knowledge and understanding of best practice sales tactics and different stages of the sales cycle
- Ability to sell virtually (over the phone and via WebEx)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong focus on growing revenue
- The ability to work independently and to create your own lead generation/sales funnel
What will get you bonus points:
- A sense of humour
- No fear of dogs (semi-mandatory)
- Board games you don’t mind occasionally sharing with the team
- Willingness to pitch in and wear different hats (figuratively, not literally)
What’s in it for you:
Impact: Navigator advances corporate security and is designed to identify, track, and validate issues from open source channels (surface, deep web, and darknet) related to executive safety, fraud prevention, and infrastructure protection.
Flexibility: The LifeRaft team has employees working across Canada from the comfort of their own homes. That being said, you are also welcome to work from the Halifax office, with the rest of the team… and their office dogs!
Perks: Our client offers a comprehensive benefits plan, a fun & informal office culture, free parking, and above-average office-supplied coffee.
Challenge: Your work is solving real-world problems, and is bridging the gap between physical and digital security challenges.
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.