Venor is proud to partner with our client, EfficiencyOne, in their search for a Senior Accountant to join their Finance and Regulatory team. Based in Dartmouth NS, EfficiencyOne, is an independent, not-for-profit organization which helps people build a better world through efficiency by informing and motivating Nova Scotians to use less energy, use it smarter, and enjoy the good things efficiency brings. EfficiencyOne is passionate about ensuring that all Nova Scotians have equal access to our programs and understand that energy efficiency can help serve our communities and promote a socially equitable energy future.
The Senior Accountant will be part of a team leading the financial reporting and planning cycle for EfficiencyOne and its affiliates. The successful candidate will work to ensure complete and accurate financial reports and develop budgets and forecasts that help EfficiencyOne meet objectives. This position will involve building strong relationships and providing financial support across the organization.
A snapshot of what you will be involved with:
- Preparation of financial statements and other financial reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Reviewing and approving accounting inputs and journal entries
- Reviewing and preparing Balance Sheet continuity schedules and working papers
- Providing financial support for programs and departments across the organization
- Researching on best practices, establishing policies and procedures, and other special projects as needed
- Leading and collaborating on process improvement initiatives
- Perform all other duties as required.
Skills & Attributes:
- Customer service focused on strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Knowledge of accepted accounting standards, practices, and reporting requirements
- Expert with all Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Must be self-motivated, take initiative and handle multiple tasks, and work to a high standard in an environment with tight timelines/deadlines
- Experience with MS Dynamics GP and Fund Accounting would be considered an asset
Experience & Education:
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience.
In addition to awesome benefits that start on day one, a hybrid office model with the opportunity to work remotely, wellness initiatives, gym membership discounts, and career growth and professional development opportunities, EfficiencyOne offers an engaging, fun, and inclusive work environment with a culture that understands there is life outside of work and believes their people is one of the driving forces behind their success. This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a team universally driven by a passion to contribute to Nova Scotia’s goal of 2050 net-zero carbon and building a thriving, resilient future for Nova Scotians.
Both Venor and Efficiency Nova Scotia embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences.
We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
Interested candidates are asked to please forward their resumes to Shardeigh McGillivray, via email@example.com