Our client, Hatch Ltd, is a global multidisciplinary management, engineering, and development consultancy. Their global network of 9,000 professionals combines vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects. Hatch’s experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investment market sectors. On behalf of Hatch, we are searching for a Senior Architect to join their Halifax team.
As the Senior Architect, you will lead the architectural design, working directly with designers, technologists, engineers, and project managers to successfully incept diverse projects, buildings, and facilities. You will lead and coordinate with CAD Managers and Document Controllers, Estimators, and Sub-Consultants.
- Develop technical and disciplinary strategies, standardizing documents, and procedures to yield company growth while attaining and establishing your networks.
- Engage with stakeholders and clients representing governmental agencies, professional organizations, product suppliers, manufacturers, etc.
- Reach out to potential clients and respond to RFP’s and win work for Hatch.
- Plan, oversee, direct and guide project the delivery of feasibility studies, conceptual design, code analysis, schematic design, detailed design, construction documentation (drawings, reports, and specifications), construction administration
- Direct the production of construction drawings that include but are not limited to context plans, site plans, floor plans, demolition plans, renovation plans, roof plans, exterior elevations, interior sections, wall sections, details, schedules, etc.
- Organize the production of construction documents such as building code compliance reviews, technical specifications, and performance specifications. Stamped and signed construction and technical documents as required by the projects.
- Direct the production and review of technical documentation such as design briefs and reports, design basis and criteria, material take-offs, vendor documents, bids, and project sheets.
As a successful candidate, you will have an architecture degree from an accredited post-secondary institution along with 15 years of experience as a professional architect. You possess an architectural license issued by the Architects Act of Canada.
You have an extensive understanding of graphic standards, CCDC, CHOP, technical standards, testing organizations, building codes, by-laws, design guidelines, and regulations. You are a team player and enjoy working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary project team. Your experience extends from various industries such as transportation, mining, and nuclear industries along with performing integration of multi-disciplinary design with all the disciplines involved in the building of the facility throughout the project’s different phases. Essentially with disciplines such as structural, civil, drainage, roads, constructability, landscape, sustainability, signage, illumination, acoustics, building envelope, energy modeling, mechanical, electrical, communications and utilities.
Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.