The Senior Backend Developer with be responsible for application integration development which will include the design and implementation of microservices in a distributed container architecture and associated middleware components. This resource will be involved in all phases of the full systems life cycle, and be responsible for assisting with low-level design, coding, automated testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting various integrations.
As a senior role the successful candidate will require technical leadership skills, providing guidance and mentoring to junior staff and overseeing any development carried out by Third Party suppliers. Candidates must be passionate about innovative software development, eager to implement and advance their, and the team’s, knowledge of cutting-edge technologies, and have proven ability to deliver quality software.
Candidates must be passionate about innovative software development, eager to implement and advance their and the teams knowledge of cutting-edge technologies, and have proven ability to deliver quality software.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the current and emerging technologies that will support Inmarsat in delivering quality solutions.
- Maintain an understanding of Inmarsat’s enterprise business and IT architecture strategies.
- Support the development of early project visions and business cases by estimating costs anddelivery timelines based on high-level solution designs.
- Work with business systems analysts and solution designers from other delivery teams tounderstand the overall solution requirements.
- Translate business/system requirements and high-level designs into system interface andintegration workflow specifications.
- Design, implementation and unit testing if integration workflows.
- Provide subject matter expertise to support and mentor junior members of the team, oversee and quality assure any development carried out by Third Party suppliers, collaborate with Test Analysts in defining and executing suitable test scenarios, support operational teams in problem resolution activities.
- Participation in development of the integration team, contributing to reviews of methodologies, standards and processes.
- Ability to work under limited supervision with only guidance about overall goals and objectives.
- Help enhance and maintain the CI and Continuous Delivery (CD) toolset.
As the ideal candidate, you have 5+ years of experience developing Java-based application server or ESB/SOA/BPM middleware layers and have experience in the use of XML and JSON messaging standards (JSON, JSON Schema, XML Schema, XSLT, STX, DOM, SAX, and similar technologies). You are someone with the proven ability to build complex systems using web services standards like REST, WSDL, SOAP or similar technologies and have a solid understanding of Enterprise Design Patterns and source code control tolls like Git, GitHub, etc. You possess expert understanding of merging, branching, versioning, labelling and managing the release of production code. You are proficient in at least one object oriented programming language (Java, C#, etc.) and have a solid understanding of web service and API design, development and maintenance. You have both clarity and precision in verbal and written communications and have the ability to actually comfortably with the other members of a large, geographically dispersed team.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Java Certification or other relevant qualifications.
- Experience in container development using Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience in the use of the JetBrains IntelliJ IDE, Eclipse IDE or JBoss Developer Toolkit
- Programming experience in at least one scripting language
- Working experience with at least one defect tracking system
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Knowledge of telecommunications Business Support Systems and network architectures
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.
For more information on this role, please reach out to JF Ratthe via email, JF@venor.ca