Venor is partnering with Magnet Forensics in their search for a Senior Build and Release Engineer. Recognized as one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada by Canadian Business’s Growth 500 List in 2016, 2017, and 2019, Magnet Forensics offers the best digital forensics tools available in today’s market. With over 4,000 customers in over 90 countries, Magnet Forensics is based in Waterloo and currently has employees working in Ottawa, Herndon, and Singapore. Their flagship digital investigation software, Magnet AXIOM, is used by over half of the Fortune 100 and worldwide by law enforcement agencies and corporations to uncover the truth in their investigations.
The Build and Release Engineer on the Software Tools & Systems team will create and enhances the build, test, and delivery tooling and infrastructure. You’ll play a key role on Magnet Forensics’ Engineering team, which is focused on producing software that solves the most important problems facing digital forensics professionals today. We’re looking for someone who is a creative problem solver with a curious mind who wants to keep learning, individually and as part of the team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Contributing to the provisioning, maintaining, and monitoring of our on-prem and hybrid infrastructure
- Systems administration for physical and virtual machines in both Linux and Windows environments
- Building automation into CI/CD pipelines
- Developing new features and continuously improving our tools and systems
- Taking ownership over your projects and the quality of the code you produce
- Collaborate with your direct team members as well as the engineering org to drive innovation
- Adapting to changes as they arise from business & customer needs
- Being an active team member with fellow talented developers, testers, and DevOps engineers
- Supporting the work of your peers by pair programming, reviewing, and providing mentoring
- Writing code that is clean and testable
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in any of the following: Build and Release, SysAdmin, DevOps, etc.
- Experience in configuration management and orchestration (ideally using Ansible)
- Proficient in scripting languages (Python, Powershell, and Bash preferred)
- Experience writing pipeline code in Jenkins using Groovy
- You have post-secondary education in software engineering, computer engineering, computer science, math, electrical engineering, or related field, an asset
- Experience providing technical leadership with peers and stakeholders, an asset
- Experience with C#, .NET, WPF, Azure, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, CloudFormation, or Terraform is valued
If you’re able to check off most, but not all, of the boxes, please reach out!
Magnet Forensic Values
Greater Good – We think beyond our own interests and strive to improve communities around the world. This demonstrates our passion for making a difference in the world.
Respect – We hold ourselves accountable through transparent sharing of information and we have faith in each other’s abilities
Innovation – We lead the industry in excellence and reliability while keeping the user experience simple and relevant. We are not afraid to push the boundaries to stay ahead of our competitors.
Teamwork – We collaborate internally and externally while caring about each other and listening to our customers.
At both Venor and Magnet, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.