Venor has partnered with Byos, a well-funded start-up based in Halifax NS looking to add a Senior Cloud Software Engineer to its expanding team. Do you want to be able to help define the scalable cloud architecture for a rapidly growing cybersecurity company that is well-backed by global investors? Byos has evolved its micro-segmented security endpoint solutions by powering these embedded devices with modern C++ on Linux but are not narrowly focused on stack. The next step in strengthening and expanding its technology stack is the Infrastructure as a service (Iaas). If you can build scalable, stateless applications using Docker, Kubernetes, or others then we’re interested; we don’t care what you choose to code with. This is your opportunity to truly make your mark in a dynamic environment with successful, proven entrepreneurs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Communicating with stakeholders to understand and refine the requirements for our solutions
- Developing secure, robust, testable, scalable, and maintainable cloud software and processes
- Continuous learning on cloud solutions to share with the team and inject into decision logs
- Working with DevOps to ensure we are using suitable service offerings from cloud providers
- Developing and contributing to a robust CI/CD pipeline
- Working closely with the Director of Engineering to plan and execute technical roadmaps
- Producing high-quality design documentation to present to project stakeholders and new hires
What we are looking for:
- You are an expert developer in at least one programming language and have an interest in other languages
- You enjoy confidently giving and receiving constructive criticism on ideas, collaborating on design decisions, and keeping up to date on emerging cloud technologies
- Knowledgable on the tools and challenges of scalable cloud solutions
- Experience with system testing both unit/integration to scalability and load testing
- Experience in Linux, but able to develop platform-agnostic software.
- Familiarity with the data challenges of common cloud solutions and how to overcome them
- Experienced in implementing the skeleton and providing proof of concept of the total solution for a scalable backend cloud service
What’s in it for you:
- Office in Volta – Canada’s East Coast Innovation Hub. Parking is provided
- Health, dental, and professional coverage for you and your family starting immediately
- Flexible working hours/environment with generous home office allowance
- One paid holiday per month + ‘Holiday Shutdown’ between Christmas and New Years
- Three weeks’ vacation (in addition to holiday shut down)
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.
Please reach out to Nick Misener via firstname.lastname@example.org for full details.