Venor is proud to partner with JTEKT engineering in their search for a Senior Electronics Technologist to join their Halifax team. JTEKT North America is a global leader in engineering and manufacturing automotive systems, bearing solutions, and high-performance machine tools. JTEKT’s global vision is to be preferred by all stakeholders including customers, associates, suppliers, and our local communities.
As the Senior Electronics Engineering Technologist, you will report to the Electrical Engineering Manager and be responsible for achieving excellence in electrical engineering for electromechanical products including steering and driveline products for the automotive industry. You will use your knowledge of both hardware and software to develop and support the production of a variety of new chassis components with a dynamic team, finding solutions to interesting challenges.
- Electronic Product development – including schematic and PCB design, testing, troubleshooting, and integration testing to verify hardware and software against the design specifications.
- Develop and maintain a responsive and cooperative working relationship with internal and external customers including automotive OEMs.
- Applying your knowledge of design for EMC, EMI, and manufacturing, during the development process.
- Applying your soldering and inspection skills (SMT, cleaning, application/removal of conformal coating, and other related processes.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to solve technical challenges.
- Troubleshooting of printed circuit board and assembly failures to determine the root cause
- Use your knowledge and experience with common debugging tools such as oscilloscope, network analyzer, CAN interface tools, and emulators, to help troubleshoot and verify new designs.
- Gathering appropriate, often complex, data and diagnosing the cause of a problem once the issue is identified fix the set issue
Qualifications & Key Attributes
As the ideal candidate, you have an Electronic Engineering Technology diploma or equivalent experience. You bring 7 years of professional industry experience along with using Gerber Viewer, CAD, PCB Layout Software and soldering equipment, and fine pitch assembly. You pride yourself on being a team player and consider yourself to have a “can-do” attitude. You are skilled in troubleshooting printing circuit boards and assembly failures to determine the root cause. You have experience with the design or creation of test fixtures/test jigs, and the application of digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, and function generators. You also possess experience with electronics inspection.
If this sounds like you and you are interested in joining a cutting-edge company in the electronic engineering industry reach out to Erika Hildebrand via firstname.lastname@example.org or Tommy Grant via email@example.com