Venor has partnered with Hatch on their search for a Senior Environmental Specialist to join their team in Fredericton, NB.
Hatch has more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative, and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally.
- Project management and coordination of key environmental deliverables.
- Coordinate work with other environmental specialists (i.e., noise, air, archaeology, built heritage, fisheries, terrestrial ecologists, etc.).
- Contribute to or manage baseline environmental studies, environmental assessments, environmental management strategies, and plans including research, report writing, fieldwork, as well as stakeholder and regulatory consultation.
- Participate in or coordinate desktop review of scientific literature, existing data sets, and secondary source material for technical reports.
- Identify potential environmental impacts as a result of land use changes and recommend suitable mitigation strategies to avoid and/or reduce potential impacts.
- Lead and support permitting, and approvals related to the natural environment (e.g., Environmental Protection Act, Fisheries Act, Impact Assessment Act).
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of existing and emerging regulatory requirements, wildlife and vegetation assessment methodologies, and best practices.
- Deliver high-quality environmental services to agreed budgets and deadlines.
- Collaborate with business development activities including preparation of proposals and definition of the scope of work.
Qualifications and Experience:
As the ideal candidate, you hold a bachelor’s degree in biology, Environmental or Chemical Engineering, Geography, Environmental Planning, Science, Studies, or an equivalent in a related discipline. The ideal candidate will bring 15 years of experience working in a related work environment and have a professional understanding of provincial and federal environmental regulatory requirements as well as experience with environmental permitting and impact assessment., including follow-up and monitoring (e.g., construction environmental monitoring).
As the ideal candidate, you are an effective communicator with the ability to build and develop strong personal networks. You are an organized individual with the ability to work in a fast past multi-disciplinary work environment with strong project management skills.
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
Interested candidates are asked to please forward their resumes to Tommy Grant via firstname.lastname@example.org