Venor is proud to partner with Guildford’s in their search for a Senior Estimator. Are you detail oriented and love meeting deadlines? Do you have a passion for construction and want to be part of a dynamic multidisciplinary team working on major projects? Are you looking for a chance to grow yourself and progress your career based on hard work and aptitude? If yes, then we want you to look at our newest opportunity.
Guildford’s is one of the largest multidisciplinary construction companies in Atlantic Canada offering Insulation, Fireproofing, Fire Stopping, Industrial Coatings, Abatement, and Building Envelope (Exterior Steel Studs, Architectural Cladding, Glazing) Services to our customers in the Industrial, Commercial and Marine Sectors. Guildford’s was founded in 1906 and has operated continuously for 116 years. This is a new position which is being added in response to the exceptional growth Guildfords is experiencing.
- Identify future construction activity across all Atlantic provinces through various procurement sites.
- Conduct an on-site walk through to determine scope of work when required.
- Maintain an estimating log detailing active quotes and their respective closing dates.
- Use various construction documents and client consultations to prepare detailed material quantity take-offs.
- Obtains input from Operations staff as appropriate.
- Performs any estimate related to oral and/or written communications with clients.
- Formulate all costs for tender submission – labor, equipment, material, rentals, and subcontracts.
- Leads the project kickoff meeting post award to hand the project over to Operations.
- Collaborates with Operations to drive project success and learning.
- Provides technical support to the project team.
- Performs Post Bid / Post Project Analysis completion and ensures that associated learning and communication takes place.
- Drives positive relationships and serves as key contact with Clients, Consultants, and key Vendors.
- Maintain estimating data systems to ensure they are kept up to date.
- Assists in the training of new Estimating staff as appropriate.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Share your knowledge and learnings with the goal of developing/mentoring others.
As the successful candidate you have 5+ years of relevant estimating experience and a University Degree or College Diploma in Engineering or Construction Management or a combination of education and industry experience. You are someone with a proven track record of project coordination and team collaboration. As the Senior Estimator you pride yourself on your strong written and verbal communication skills, and your knowledge of the Atlantic Canada Construction Market. You have strong computer skills with estimation software and an enthusiasm for innovation, and can easily prioritize tasks as need be. The Senior Estimator also has Building Envelope Knowledge.
For more information on this role with Guildford’s, please reach out to Erika HIldebrand via email@example.com