Dedicated to bringing safe and secure networks to professionals, enterprises and manufacturers - Byos is changing the foundation of how we view online security. Founded by successful start-up veterans, Byos is closing industry gaps, creating a portable secure gateway for users to access Wi-Fi safely in public. After noticing a continually growing remote workforce, Byos has created a one of a kind solution to security breaches, keeping your data safe from attackers - all in the palm of your hand. Byos’ technology provides Wi-Fi protection, controlled access, private DNS queries, attack containment, ad and tracker blocking and more. As they continue to grow their Halifax office, Byos is looking to expand their team of market disruptors and is seeking a Senior Frontend Developer.
Byos is looking for a Senior Frontend Developer who can think outside of the box, has a logical approach to coding, and looking to gain practical experience in endpoint security. We’re looking for a developer who is passionate about programming and working on a tight-knit team. Being part of the development team, you will collaborate with senior Product Engineers, pentesters, junior developers and, at times, work independently to complete tasks and projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and implement user-facing front-end features from requirements.
- Guide the technical design of frontend features and requirements.
- Proficient development for seamless UI/UX
- Frequent code reviews for functionality, usability and most importantly security
- Optimize existing and new features for speed and scalability.
- Contributing to product vision, ideation and planning.
- Supervise junior developers
Qualifications and Skills
- 7+ years of demonstrable development experience with 2+ years experience leading a team of developers
- Databases: MySQL and experience with RESTful APIs
- Usage of repositories (Github, etc.), methodologies (kanban, agile, etc) and project and issue tracking systems (Jira).
- Knowledge of Web vulnerabilities and their mitigation (OWASP)
- Networking knowledge (theory, implementation and diagnostics)
- Shell scripting (Python3, PHP, bash, the more the better)
- Rapid and efficient incident response and a preference for Open Source platforms
- Collaborative work and project management skills
- Knowledge of GraphQL, web components, Stencil, styled components, animation, and time-to-interactive optimization is also very valuable.
- Solid grasp of CSS principles and semantic markup.
- Experience extracting front-end assets from design programs like Sketch or InVision is very nice to have.
Benefits and Perks
- We work out of Volta Labs, Canada's East Coast Innovation Hub. Volta has many free events, and has a tight-knit community, and has a ping pong and foosball on site.
- We have a casual dress code and flexible working hours.
- We offer remote working days throughout the week because we know people are more productive in their preferred environments.
- Full health benefits, including dental, vision, and $25K life insurance.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, don't hesitate to contact Nick Misener via email@example.com OR Craig Coady via firstname.lastname@example.org