Venor is proud to partner with one of our region’s top entrepreneurial success stories, a software leader who has attracted one of the most dynamic and cohesive engineering teams in the industry. The engineering team enjoys a peer culture of autonomy and influence that has not just attracted some of Atlantic Canada’s software talent but kept them – with virtually 100% staff retention over the last several years.
Venor is looking for a skilled and passionate Senior Full Stack Developer to help our client build products for the world’s leading brands and publishers. Their platform helps inform strategy and leverage actionable insights for meaningful audience engagement. Their tools support over 30 million unique visitors each month and provide a one-stop solution to analyze trends, drive engagement, and accelerate client growth across organic, paid, and e-commerce platforms.
You’ll act as a key player in the designing, building, testing, and maintaining of their web applications and services, which work to predict the performance of photos and videos, analyze trends, and accelerate brand growth across social media and e-commerce marketing channels. Our client has a big vision for the future of visual intelligence. If you’re looking to build best-in-class, functional products and work with one of the most diverse and successful companies in the Atlantic Canadian tech market, this could be the opportunity for you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Implementing APIs using RESTful conventions for integrating with web and mobile applications
- Working closely with our product and design teams to customize user experience on the front-end
- Analyzing and optimizing application code for efficiency and performance
- Writing clean and well-organized code in accordance with industry best practices
- Participating in peer reviewing of code and share expertise with other team members
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience doing hands-on software development
- Deep competency in at least one backend language
- Experience working with single-page applications
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns
- Proficiency with APIs / microservices architecture
- Familiar with git or other version control tools
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
- Problem-solving mentality
- Product-first approach to building software
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
Current tech in use:
- AWS (Aurora, ELB, ECS and lots more)
What’s in it for you:
- Work with one some of the biggest, forward-thinking brands in the world, including Apple, Condé Nast, Nordstrom, Sephora, Unilever, and Estée Lauder
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home flexibility
- Health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Vacation, personal days, and sick time
- RRSP matching
- Annual mental health benefit and quarterly wellness benefit
- Home office allowance
- Donation matching program
- Parental leave top-up plan
- Departmental and team-wide bonding activities
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.
Interested candidates can forward their resume in confidence to Nick Misener via firstname.lastname@example.org, Steph MacIntosh via email@example.com, or Craig Coady via firstname.lastname@example.org.