Venor is proud to partner with Track Group, a global leader in providing end-to-end location monitoring and predictive behavioral solutions that combine real-time tracking devices (ankle monitors and more) and professional monitoring services with advanced data analytics, on their search for a Senior Full Stack Developer. Track Group focuses on delivering electronic monitoring products and services for the global criminal justice market. They have clients in North America, Latin America, and the Middle East.
Working at Track Group as a Software Developer means providing their clients with tools that improve safety for domestic violence victims, reduce overcrowding in prisons, responsibly transition individuals more quickly from prison to a supervised version of their regular lives, and advise overworked supervision officers which individuals need their attention the most.
What you’ll be doing:
Track Group is seeking a Full Stack Senior Developer to assist in the continuous improvement of their offender management and monitoring platform “IntelliTrack”. IntelliTrack has a backend component that collects data from tracking devices and distributes notifications based on the data, along with a web component for managing monitored individuals and observing monitoring data. They also have three mobile applications – one for supervision officers, one for domestic violence victims, and one for individuals on bail. Specific projects include, but are not limited to:
- Continued optimization of the data pipeline.
- Performing analytics of their tracking data to find patterns and anomalies in the behavior of monitored individuals.
- Moving to a full DevOps model of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
Regular tasks/responsibilities include:
- Assessing feasibility of designs and suggesting alternative approaches.
- Implementing front-end user interface components, forms, and pages.
- Creating back-end Web APIs and data processing systems.
- Building and maintaining unit tests and automated UI tests.
- Perform substantive code reviews
- Diagnosing and debugging issues in production environments, particularly as pertains to data pipeline logjams.
What we’re looking for:
We care mostly that you are a good front-end, back-end, and database developer. We use the following technologies and will want you to demonstrate either your ability to use them or that you will be able to quickly learn them.
Ideal qualifications include:
- Ability to build RESTful web services and web front ends that consume them.
- Broad knowledge of various front-end frameworks and web development tools.
- A strong eye for UI/UX design best practices.
- Azure experience is not required but is highly desirable.
- Writes high-quality code according to industry best practices.
- Initiates collaboration with remote coworkers, both to help and receive help.
- Proactively solves problems, makes things better, and ensures good hand-offs between teams.
- Strives to understand the unique business domain we operate in.
- Kind, honest, sympathetic, unpretentious.
- Experience with Test Driven Development considered an asset.
- Experience with docker considered an asset.
- Experience using Git considered an asset.
- Knowledge of big data analytics frameworks, techniques and tools considered an asset.
- Experience working with distributed, international teams an asset.
Current Tech in Scope:
- Front-end: HTML5, CSS, TypeScript, Angular and Bootstrap
- Back-end: .NET/C#
- Database development: creating and optimizing queries using SQL Server and MS Entity Framework.
- Mobile apps: NativeScript
- Writing native apps for Android and/or iOS is not required but highly desirable.
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities.
If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).