Venor is pleased to partner with The Halifax Regional Municipality Pension Plan in their search for a Senior Investment Associate. This role will be based in Halifax, Nova Scotia and reports to the Director, Private Markets. The Halifax Regional Municipality Pension Plan has approximately $2.5 billion in assets under management of which almost $1 billion is invested in private equity, private credit, infrastructure and real estate.
The Plan is a sophisticated international institutional investor that commits capital via primary funds, co- investments and secondary transactions. The investment organization is growing and is expected to deploy >$1bn in private investment opportunities over the next 3-5 years.
The Senior Associate will be generally responsible for providing analytical support to the broader investment team, with a particular focus on writing detailed investment memos and working on financial models that form the basis for investment decisions. Specifically, he/she will be involved in the following tasks:
- Perform investment due diligence on new primary, co-investment and secondary opportunities across private equity, private credit, infrastructure and real estate assets and funds.
- Build and manage complex financial models to analyze and monitor investment opportunities, to forecast fund and portfolio level cash flows and to determine commitment pacing.
- Assist with ad hoc internal projects such as sub-sector reviews, portfolio construction and public market investment activities.
- Monitor and analyze existing investments in the portfolio.
- Over time, the candidate will liaise with financial sponsors as well as external legal and taxcounsel to negotiate contracts with General Partners.
As the successful candidate, you have a Bachelors degree, ideally in accounting, finance or economics. Post graduate education such as a Master in Finance or progress towards the CFA or CAIA designation would be an asset. Paired with your education, you have 2 – 4 years experience at an institutional investment organization with a focus on private market investments. Candidates with prior experience in other investment roles (public equities / fixed income) or within investment banking, valuation, corporate finance, transaction services or commercial banking will also be considered.
As the ideal candidate, you have strong writing abilities to articulate and communicate complex investment ideas to senior team members. You pride yourself on your exceptional work ethic, ability to take initiative, and work with minimal supervision. Prior experience with financial modeling (LBO / DCF) and a high level of familiarity with MS Excel as well as with other investment analytical tools such as Bloomberg, CapIQ, eFront and Preqin will be an asset.
To apply, please send your resume to Ian Sullivan via email@example.com