Our client, Hatch Ltd, is a global multidisciplinary management, engineering, and development consultancy. Their global network of 9,000 professionals combines vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects. Hatch’s experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investment market sectors. On behalf of Hatch, Venor is actively seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their New Brunswick Offices in Saint John or Fredericton.
What you’ll be doing:
As the Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will play a key role in the growth of Hatch’s New Brunswick offices and shall assist with business development, client engagement, and delivering projects. Although tasks will vary from project to project, the primary role of the senior mechanical engineer shall be responsible for the management and design of large industrial projects. At Hatch, you will be part of the entire lifecycle of clients’ projects, from conceptual design to construction and operation of assets.
- Lead/ develop engineering estimates and proposals
- Work on complex and challenging projects locally as well as with national and international Hatch teams
- Project Management and coordination of multi-disciplinary projects
- Oversee the preparation of engineering calculations, specifications, and project design criteria.
- Oversee the preparation of 3D models and 2D drawings
- Review and evaluate technical work prepared by other engineers, designers, technicians, and technologists
- Conduct interface management between related systems
- Prepare and contribute to technical memos and reports
- Stamp documents and drawings
- Provide input to operating and capital cost estimates
- Client engagement and business development
As the ideal candidate, you have a bachelor’s in mechanical engineering combined with 5-10 years of experience with a focus on mechanical design and design systems. You have a strong knowledge of design codes and standards and are in good standing with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of New Brunswick with a P. Eng designation. You are a strong communicator with excellent organizational skills, you are experienced in working with multidisciplinary teams, and can effectively coordinate activities between such teams.
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
Interested candidates are asked to please forward their resumes to Tommy Grant via email@example.com